29 May 2012
it's tradition
For the last six Mondays or so Robbie and I have, um, accidentally walked down the street to Good Stuff to satisfy those late night milkshake cravings. (What, you don't have those too?) One week I told Robbie that I thought we should go get a milkshake because one day, we won't live two blocks away from the best milkshakes in the world, and we'll be sad that we didn't go more often. And he totally bought it!
That said, I'm not sure that getting fatty milkshakes at 10 pm every Monday night is the best idea, so last night we had our farewell milkshakes and vowed not to go back (for a while). Not only am I bummed that we won't have delicious shakes to look forward to, but we had some good life conversations sitting up in those cozy booths (and watched some really stupid cooking shows on the restaurant TVs). It just won't be the same to plan our future on our couches, chewing gum to satisfy that craving for sugar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would do the same thing. You need to appreciate a good shake. And eat them often.
ReplyDeleteBreaking the tradition sounds like a bad idea. Good conversation and the best milkshakes in the world? I mean, unless they are $20 milkshakes, why are you stopping again?
ReplyDeleteYum! I just went to Good Stuff yesterday and had a toasted marshmallow shake. They built a new location in Crystal City right by where I live. Dangerous!
ReplyDeleteThis 'Good Stuff' sounds amazing, wish I lived near delicious milkshakes. I will have to settle for late night instant coffee :(
ReplyDeleteI love that you "accidentally" walked there.. That's like us with accidentally buying tubs of Ben and Jerry's and then consuming for more than one person should ever consume in one sitting.
ReplyDeletedessert runs are SO addicting! and at least you weren't going out at 10pm EVERY night....that's totally something aaron and i would do!.... :/
ReplyDeleteWhen I come, you can resume and take me!! Not sure when I'm coming though!!
ReplyDelete