I was admonished yesterday for neglecting my blog. I have things to write about, I think, but two forces are at work preventing me from posting my usual insights. One, I've been working a lot (I may or may not have earned 23 hours of comp time last week). Two, I come up with things to write about and then I either talk myself out of following through on that idea or I forget what I was going to write about. Any suggestions on how to deal with any of those problems would be greatly appreciated.
So here is an illustrated list of what I've been up to lately. Philosophical musings on less-important things to come later.
I finally watched the Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice! (As you may recall, I had never seen it before.) All in one evening! And, of course, I loved it. In other news, Lizzy Bennet is actually American?? Are the shades of Pemberley to be thus polluted?
We had a sleepover for work on Friday, and I actually slept over. I use the term "slept" loosely, as it more loosely resembled the sort of restless sleep that happens when you're flying overseas. And then I had to be somewhat presentable for all of the participants the next day as I served them breakfast at 6 am. Sigh.
But in more exciting work news, I totally met Betty White on Thursday. She is a nice lady, and she loves animals. What more could you want in a woman?
Robbie is in Haiti. Again.
I bought four pounds of strawberries on Saturday and I've already gone through them. Here's one of my favorite strawberry recipes so far—a delicious summer salad brought to you by a lovely woman in my ward. You're welcome in advance. (BACON.)
EASY BREEZY SUMMER SALAD
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
¼ cup chopped red onion
¼ cup chopped walnuts (I substituted slivered almonds sautéed in butter until brown)
DRESSINGSo... what's new with you guys?
Whisk together:
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sugar
¼ cup raspberry vinegar
Yield: 6-8 servings
I am so laughing at the P&P joke.
ReplyDeleteAnd, whoa!! Betty White!!!
ReplyDeleteI love al of this! P&P,Betty White, and Bacon!!
ReplyDeleteBetty White - how old is she really? I'm a little bit jealous of your doings - and not being part of them!!
ReplyDeleteLizzy Bennett also discovered the cure to MEV-1 [see: Contagion].
ReplyDeletelife does seem to get in the way of blogging sometimes.. I tend to document everything with the camera so I am reminded of what I was thinking about. Incredibly jealous that you have met Betty White!
ReplyDelete