Robbie and I talked a little bit about compassion last night for our mini FHE. Interestingly, compassion is one of the 12 core values that you're supposed to teach the Cub Scouts over the year. (I'm learning so much already!) If an 8 year-old needs to learn to be better at it, then so do I.
I've been having some stress issues this past week and have developed a bit of a short temper, something that could be avoided with a little compassion. (Waking up to my alarm on time has also helped immensely.) I've also been thinking about compassion as I've gotten to know the people in my life a little better and learned to love them a little more. I could always use a little more compassion in my life.
I'm working on it!

Oh my goodness, I think compassion might be something of a cure all and I think I need to develop it too. Goal: I will have more compassion than you this month. Ha ha ha.
ReplyDeleteSo weird to see you post this - i woke up with this quote in my head this morning.
ReplyDeleteI HAVE INVADED YOUR BRAIN
ReplyDeleteI love this quote as well.
ReplyDeletei've heard that quote many times but i never knew it was plato. another one of my favorites from him/socrates is to give love even when we receive hate. i think compassion in all circumstances is probably the hardest thing to do/have/show (what's the action verb i'm looking for here?).
ReplyDeleteA little compassion goes a long way. It's a lesson I've learned over the years. It helps a lot - when I remember it!
ReplyDeleteI like this quote. It is true, you don't always know the battles that people are quietly fighting.
ReplyDelete