15 March 2010

Spring break

Today is the beginning of spring break. This is awesome, because I've never had a university sponsored spring break before. Kind of novel. But it's simultaneously a bit disappointing, because I don't have a spring break from my job.

Sadly, due to my recent illness and a backlog of homework to be done, I think I'm going to take a spring break from blogging (sad for you? me? I'm not sure). And Facebook, if I'm brave enough. I'm inspired by Tiffany, who is freeing herself from technology. I'm admittedly too much of a slave to do it myself, but I can let go for a week or so. Plus, I'm trying to unlearn bad habits (like refreshing Google Reader and Facebook every few minutes), and I've got to start somewhere, even if it IS cold turkey. (In my defense, I've been refreshing Facebook for the past 24 hours to see who is winning in the race of Brad vs. the ugly chalkboard pillows... if you haven't already, go to the UncommonGoods page, become a fan, and "like" Brad's Brainy Blocks album. If he wins by 12 pm EST today, he wins a trip to NYC to discuss manufacturing his cool product! You have an hour and a half left... GO!)

Also, I JUST realized that today is March 15th. I SWEAR that I thought it was the 14th. I really need to get my life back on track.

So, I'll have a lot of things to talk about when I come back. Like our visit to my boy Barack's stomping grounds, Robbie's amazing culinary masterpiece from last night (ratatouille, parmesan polenta cake, and pesto!), our upcoming race this weekend, how much I enjoyed The September Issue, the answer to "are they daffodils? are they tulips?", and our newest goal: planting a vegetable garden.

Also, if anyone has anything to say about the democratization of fashion through street style blogging, I'm all ears. Seriously.

Bye for now!

9 comments:

  1. My spring break last year was awesome. This year, I'll be working at a hospital. meeh. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year for spring break we were in Florida. I have a pic somewhere of a T-shirt in one of the souvenir shops..."Totally Wasted - Spring Break 2009"

    byyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read through some of your archives and saw where you called Ariel a hoarder. And now, I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched The September Issue last week--I'm excited to hear more of your thoughts on it. I think far and away my favorite part was when that guy was playing tennis with a louis vuitton towel around his neck (not to mention the other accessories and when he was talking about the famine of beauty). And I loved all the clothes and pictures--of course. Grace was kind of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll miss you. Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looooved me some september issue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will miss you more than I can say. I just love reading your blog. You are such a clever writer. Hurry back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm - is "taking a break from blogging" the new in thing to do?

    I'm so out of touch - that's why I ask.

    Maybe you'd better just email me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. like you, I am also in spring break but I also have to work which means I couldn't really go anywhere and this whole week doesn't feel like spring break at all. oh well. anyway, i may be coming to d.c. in april. after i turn in my thesis on april 15th so ill keep you posted because i would love to see you. x

    ReplyDelete