04 May 2012

hannah and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat

I have had two vivid and slightly disturbing/amusing (?) dreams this week, and I'd love some interpretation if there are any dream experts out there. Wednesday night brought me a dream about my coworker and I needing to go to Utah for some reason, and waking up in a canyon in the middle of nowhere and needing to find out where we were. So we pulled up our location on our iPhones (good thing that worked in my dream) and as we navigated it became clear to us that Utah was flooded and now surrounded by water, and that all of the continents had become some sort of Pangea. (Anyone read the short story "Salvage" by Orson Scott Card? It was kinda like that.)

The second dream (last night) involved us (America?) being attacked on all sides by hundreds of space shuttles, a la Discovery/Enterprise, flown by kamikaze pilots from other countries. The dream was vivid and incredibly detailed and I'm just sad that I didn't write down any of the details when I woke up because now I don't remember them. I think the dream also involved some corrupt police, and me doing some incredibly defensive driving to try and avoid the crashing shuttles. SO WEIRD.

I do not know what these dreams mean or why I'm sharing them (they look really silly now that I've written them down), but I will probably spend the weekend devising a new food storage plan.

5 comments:

  1. This just in: just finished watching "the avengers" and I'm pretty sure that was why my second dream was about. CREEPY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have really weird dreams every night, I think i might have to start writing a dream diary cause they are really elaborate. I never really read too much into them though. I do think that I have slept really well if I have a long elaborate dream. Wish I could remember last nights episode but it was a weird one I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it means you need to keep coming to book group, but STOP reading the books. Your dreams sound like a combination of "Salvage," as you said (from the compendium Kristin picked), and The Hunger Games (Panem, violent aerial attacks in war).

    ReplyDelete
  4. It means we would survive in a post-apocalyptic scenario. Probably because we are tough. And because we are good at using our iPhones.

    ReplyDelete