05 December 2011

race photos: a retrospective

finishline.0

moab

1

Untitled-1

Picture 1
Hot Chocolate 15K, 2011

You like that? You want more?

Picture 2

It is pretty much impossible for me to not look totally ridiculous in race photos. This most recent one is from this past weekend. All you need to know about how terrible the race was can be found here. 

As you can see, the pictures definitely get progressively MORE ridiculous over the years, which is not helped by my sister wife braid and my obvious enthusiasm for this song being the one to conclude my race mix. Which reminds me, one of these days I'm going to have to share my ideal running mix with you, but I leave you with my general rule of thumb—if you can't dance to it, you probably can't run to it, which might explain my pose in those pictures.

16 comments:

  1. Hmm - I've never been involved with a poorly executed race - sorry to hear about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is 2008. Classic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome. And my inspiration to get off my butt in the mornings again. Well done, hanners. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my hero. Those photos are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2008=how can you not laugh at that? If I'm ever having a bad day, I'll just look at that picture and laugh and laugh and laugh. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! Good memories in Moab. Sorry about the recent fail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. moab 2008 wins! and so does flo & the machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. moab 2008 is my fav as well. classic

    ReplyDelete
  9. this might be my favorite blog post ever. job well done. on blogging and running.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my! i'm dying. hilarious photos! st.george eh?! near and dear to my heart. every year i'd watch those crazies run it and then vow to start training the next day. nev.er. happened.

    go you! i think you're awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Sister wife got me lol'ing. Also, I remember Moab 2008's debut. Pretty awesome and legit.

    Also, share. the. mix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just giggled through the whole post. Thank you for starting my day right.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I miss the Moab run. Good job at doing the 15k although it sounds like it was poorly organized. Keep up the running. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha. i still love the moab 2008 face so, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. moab 2008 is so great. i applaud you for your running prowess!

    ReplyDelete
  16. please blow up and frame moab 2008. crying from laughing so hard. not even joking.

    ReplyDelete