16 November 2011

is it me you're looking for?

Hello there. I have missed this blog. I know I have said some version of that over the past few posts, but it's true. It's like I ran out of things to say—but if you know me then you know that's not possible.

Speaking of possible, how is it possible that things get infinitely busier as you get older? I don't understand. I thought that things would ease up after I quit my job a few months ago, after I finished grad school... it's just not happening for me. 

Also, how is it possible that I'm not spending my free time so well? I feel like I come home, sit on the couch, then go to bed. Sometimes I get home late enough for that to be true, but then there are the other days. I think daylight savings time had something to do with it. I don't want to do anything once it's dark. But then I'm not even not doing anything in a fun way. Like, if I'm going to sit around, why am I not sitting around in front of a fire in the fireplace? Reading a magazine? Drinking hot chocolate? Or something like that. Something you'd see a real blogger doing. It just doesn't happen to me. The reality is that I'm wasting my free time sitting on the couch refreshing browsers and trying to get our internet to work because it's been spotty for the past two months.Yep—pretty glamorous.

On the plus side—DC's had some great weather lately. So great that I didn't even mind the rain today because it has been so beautiful otherwise. So here's a song in honor of November—aptly titled "November."


The end.

6 comments:

  1. I don't know why you didn't post "November Rain" instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:10 PM

    I love Azure Ray. Haven't heard November, looking forward to listening to it! (I'm in class hence the weird comment, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Azure Ray, and this is a goodie.

    "ike, if I'm going to sit around, why am I not sitting around in front of a fire in the fireplace? Reading a magazine? Drinking hot chocolate? Or something like that. Something you'd see a real blogger doing."

    hilarious! I feel this way with t.v. how do people have time to watch it?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems to be my mantra, but we are looking forward to our visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been looking for you. here you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder what real bloggers do. They probably don't waste entire days watching netflix...like I do.

    ReplyDelete