21 June 2011

a nice day for a white wedding

IMG_5984

IMG_5987

IMG_5992

IMG_5994

IMG_5996

IMG_6002

IMG_6007

IMG_6005
Sorry if all my pictures are bad, but I ultimately judge the awesomeness of an event by how few pictures I end up taking.

Our dear friends Adam and Allison were married this past weekend. I can safely say that we've all been waiting for this day to come for a long time (they were dating when Robbie and I got engaged three years ago!) and it was such a beautiful, fun day full of friends and love. And I kept on reminding Robbie about how much fun I had when we got home. "Robbie, we had such a fun day today. I love you. Don't you love today? Do you love me? Did I tell you I love you?" I think my asking him probably got old for him after a while.

Anyway, the ceremony at the DC temple was beautiful, and Allison looked stunning, and Adam looked so handsome. The reception was at this cool huge barn in Maryland, and it was the perfect night to be with friends and enjoy the special day together. Perfect weather, perfect setting, perfect everything. Is it weird to be obsessed with someone else's wedding? Don't answer that. Also, there is this really great Pennsylvania tradition (Allison's family is from PA) of having a table full of homemade cookies at wedding receptions—like, made by the family, Every Last Cookie. So many cookies of all kinds, ones I've never seen before, and so little time to eat them all. Luckily, they handed out bags to take all the cookies we wanted home with us. And we did just that, and ate them all, and I'm wishing that I had more to nibble on right now.

It was a glorious weekend. I felt so relaxed and happy. Robbie and I danced our little hearts out (both of us! miracle of miracles!) till we were sweaty messes and we loved hanging out with Lisa and Hunter and some of our other old college friends. Sometimes I miss those college years, but I am so grateful that we have those friends close by to share those memories and create new ones. (Cue cheesy music... now.)

7 comments:

  1. that barn is perfect! looks like a great way to party!

    oh, and cute outfit lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the decorations....cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many funny memories at the barn! i love your pictures, and i just might stalk her blog to see their wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we should just have a Reception - just to get together with our family and friends and have a great time. Maybe there's even a barn for rent somewhere close by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister was looking for a barn like that when we were planning her wedding last summer. We ended up going in a totally different direction, but I still love the barn idea. For a native, I don't know Maryland very well. Also, your skirt is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, yeah! We loved having you guys there (and dancing). There might have to be a follow up to this post once you get your hands on the fabulous pictures I have of you and Robbie on the dance floor. Seriously. So cute. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay!! but seriously - it was such a good day.

    ReplyDelete