26 April 2011

Peace and quiet

IMG_5782

This is what our tiny, cozy bedroom looks like in the morning. Well, except the bed isn't usually made early in the morning. The light in our bedroom is perfect. And you can hear birds in the magnolia tree out back and there is a nice breeze when the window is open. We have calm, white walls and big windows and waking up in the morning in the spring is so enjoyable, except that I never want to get out of bed.

In one week I'm turning in my last paper for grad school. I'm still a little bit in denial about that. The past few weeks have been so busy with little things—paperwork, errands, callings, etc. are taking up most of my time, and most of that will be over soon. Then maybe I'll have a little peace and quiet, and a little extra time to indulge in the morning light. Right?

9 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like lying abed of a morning in a sun-filled room with birds singing outside.

    I can hear the birds now - wish I was in bed too!!

    Someday! (But when "someday" happens, I bet we'll all wish we had something exciting to get up for!!)

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your bedding? It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, did you make that sculptural wall hanging? Cause I've had a bag full of spray painted cut up cardboard rolls hanging around here for about a year for that purpose. It's pretty! Thanks for reminding me about that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I love spring mornings!

    Our room is similarly white and calm and I love the morning light too. The best days are the days I can lie and enjoy it for a few minutes before getting up to face life. Fortunately, these days I am able do that on Tuesdays and Sundays. (usually.) ahhhh....

    ReplyDelete
  5. natural light, i miss you!
    i would have a hard time leaving that comfy bed in the morning, too. look at all dem pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:25 AM

    I love the cardboard wall thing. I've been wanting to make one, too! Yours is pretty.

    It's funny you posted this, because I've been thinking about our bedroom morning light, too! It's so lovely. Around 7:30 or so, it gets the most gorgeous shade of yellow and only lasts a few minutes. I love mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. meg—the bedding is a mix of stuff. macy's sheets, ikea duvet cover (from when we got married), and i made the pillow!
    veronica—yes, i finally got around to making one a few weeks ago! i have more cardboard tubes saved because i kind of want to keep adding more to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty.
    and you must teach me this craft!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! you are so close to the end! woohoo! i also love that brown pillow.

    ReplyDelete