On Saturday we went into town to the marathon expo to watch all the crazies running from place to place in all of their running gear. I kept wanting to remind them that they had two days left till the actual race. (Seriously, Boston is hardcore.)
It was also the coldest day of the weekend, which wasn't made better by the crazy wind. But since I hadn't been to Boston before, I really wanted to stay in town after the expo to see some sights, even if it was cold and I wasn't wearing the best cold weather clothing. My dad was a good sport and walked with us on our own freestyle version of the Freedom Trail, which was a nice diversion from the cold. Well, the walking fast part was, and any time we went to a site that was indoors (like the Marriott by Boston Harbor and Quincy Market to get some hot chocolate—I don't think the Marriott was really part of the trail...). My dad was cracking me up with his hood. I have seen him wear his sweet nano puff jacket inside and outside—the man is always cold. But he was probably more comfortable than I was, so no making fun here. Anyway. We saw Paul Revere's house, some of Boston Harbor, the old North Church, and lots of cemeteries. We opted out of crossing the river to Bunker Hill and to the USS Constitution. Maybe next time.
Other highlights of the weekend that weren't documented on camera:
-WAGAMAMA (the only three Wagamama sites in the US happen to be in Boston)
-Going to New Hampshire for church
-Eating a roast beef sandwich in Lowell (and sharing Robbie's pastrami)
Ah! Love Wagamama!! Thank you for making me even more excited for our upcoming move. :)
ReplyDeletemy fav is the photo of your dad and the sign! best.
ReplyDeleteI have a real fondness for Boston - maybe some day we can go there during some other season - like spring or fall. I'm pretty sure I don't want summer - unless we could spend it on the Cape!!
ReplyDeleteNice! Ari and I made a day trip to Boston during my spring break, and it was my first time there. We pretty much went to all the same places you guys did (what a surprise)!
ReplyDeleteAnd, although the sun was out for most of our visit, it was also really windy and we were both also under-dressed. No fun.
Boston looks like a great place to go and visit! It's great you supported you dad and went.
ReplyDeleteyou guys went everywhere! love the matchy sunglasses, you lovebirds. ;)
ReplyDeletebrrrrrr....i hope it warms up before we get there.
ReplyDelete