
The only reason for this post is to let you all know that we watched The Young Victoria on Friday night, I cried three different times, and Robbie laughed at me. I know that most readers of this blog can sympathize with that situation. I haven't watched a chick flick in sooooo long and it just felt good to cry a little when Victoria proposed to Albert and to have a couple crush on dead historical figures. (I had that couple crush before I saw the movie [they really loved each other!!!], but Emily Blunt and Rupert Friend are way more attractive than I'm sure the real Victoria and Albert were.)
It's nice that Robbie doesn't care if we watch chick flicks from time to time. And that he SUGGESTS renting them! Thank you, Hamill sisters, for raising him well.
I loved it too. And cried a time or two. I want a Robbie some day. :-)
ReplyDeletehaven't seen it, but perhaps i should.
ReplyDeletei just looked up pictures of the real victoria and albert, and yup, blunt and friend are a great deal more attractive. (:
i'm pretty sure nate cried a little during the movie. he was rather discreet, but i'm suspicious. i want to watch it again.
ReplyDeleteI loved that movie. Never though about a "couple crush" - a novel thought there!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love this movie!! Did Robbie like it? I'm wondering if mark would...
ReplyDeleteDude, this isn't THAT much of a chick flick; it's historical! Right? Doesn't that give it more "man-friendly" points? Maybe not....
ReplyDeleteseriously, i want to watch it five more times. when my shakespeare professor told us the V&A story when we were in london, i melted a little.
ReplyDeletekate, i think robbie liked it fine. but i definitely think this was more chick-flicky than, say, "patton." haha.
I am with you. I love this movie, and Joey tolerated it very nicely.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=156 - reminded me of this. History!
ReplyDeleteI love this movie too. Then Melissa gave me a book about Victoria and Albert called We Two. They are a very interesting couple.
ReplyDeletedear friends, thanks for commenting on my girly movie posts. dear joey, thanks for being the only boy to do so.
ReplyDeletewow, i would have completely missed this movie--thanks for bringing it up.
ReplyDeleteI loved this movie. I totally had a couple crush on them too! Haha! After seeing it for the first time, I read a biography about Young Victoria, and watched the A+E movie, and felt a little disillusioned with all of it. Plus, it's true--they weren't quite as attractive as the movie stars.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhhhhhhhh...young royal love.
ReplyDeleteWho cares if they were attractive or not in real life, they are in the movie.
I have couple-crushes on a variety of movie (and book) couples. I can't think of any movie ones at the moment although my book ones include Betsy and Joe, Sarah and Jack (from These Is My Words) and Anne and Gilbert.
Oh, one movie one I just thought of is definitely Emma and Mr. Knightley from the most recent Masterpiece Theatre Emma. You should watch it, the next time you have 6 hours free. Or however long it is...I don't remember, but I LOVED that Emma and Mr. Knightley.
ReplyDeleteGosh, Hannah! You are so lucky Robbie will sit and watch that with you. I can't get George to watch anything romantic with me. Although, he did sit through The Notebook one night, and surprisingly cried right along with me. I can't wait to see this movie. I've heard such great things. Was really surprised when Emily Blunt didn't get an Oscar nomination for it. But yeah, I have a girl crush on her, most definitely.
ReplyDelete