I've been really neglecting announcing this because a) it might only really be a big deal to us, and b) it still doesn't really seem real. Robbie and I have been talking about it for a while, but we found a place in the Capitol Hill/Eastern Market area that we just fell in love with. And the time was right and we felt good about it. So, we're moving in July 1st. So soon! Am I crazy? Am I already too busy with school to think about moving and getting rid of most of our furniture? Maybe. But we're doing it.
It'll be good for us. As much as we love our place, we have way too much space for two people. It's the biggest place we've ever lived in and we don't know what to do with all the space. Spare Oom is still very much bare, and we don't need a reason to fill up a basement and shed with junk. We're trying to go zen. (Okay, not totally. But we're definitely cutting back.) And we really want to enjoy city living while the living is easy (i.e., without children). And, well, I'm pretty much in the city till 8 or 9 pm as it is, so it'll make the commute MUCH easier.
We will really miss our ward, and we'll especially miss living within walking distance of the Mangums. But the bright side is that we're only like 20 minutes away from our current place, and we can still see our friends! We won't let the Potomac get in the way of our friendship... I hope??
(and if you know anyone looking for a place to live starting July 1st... send them our way!)
wah! you're leaving us behind in the 'burbs!
ReplyDeleteJK. We're super excited for you, and I am already looking forward to your smashing house-warming party. (right?)
yes! we love partiez. and we love you.
ReplyDeletecongrats, and good luck! i hope the move is as easy as possible... (:
ReplyDeletewhooaaaaa that is big news!!! you'll be totally missed. yes you'll have to live the big city life for all of us on the outskirts. we've lost our chance now a baby is in the wings. i love how you're living it up. we'll plan on helping you move. and i do believe friendships can cross even the great potomac. this is exciting for y'all!!!!
ReplyDeleteCrazy, you and Keena are pretty much moving at the same time, I think. Say hello to DC for me, and p.s. I'll move into your house on July 1st if you can find a job for my hubby. Thanx.
ReplyDeleteCan I just tell you how refreshing it is to hear someone say they actually want a SMALLER place? I love it. Everyone is always whining about not having enough space, but I love the idea of downsizing and getting rid of STUFF. And it's definitely worth it when it makes your commute shorter and you get to live in an awesome neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteless is definitely more. glad you found a place you like and here's to living it up!
ReplyDeleteIs that where you're moving? It looks way too big for 2 people.
ReplyDeleteHaha, Eliza's comment is funny.
ReplyDeleteI'm excited for you! And maybe I can visit you before my classes start in September! Possibly!
Congrats on the new place. Moving is a nice time to dejunk and go all zenish. Does that have one N or two? Hmm. Zennish? That doesn't look right either. ;)
ReplyDeleteI forgot I was going to say, that I agree with you that this is a great time to live in DC. Even if you had one or two babies it would be a good time to live there. Generally as long as you don't have public-school aged kids. The terrible public schools are the only drawback to family life in DC.
ReplyDeleteI remember you telling me that you guys wanted to move into the city. I am so excited that it worked out after all. I will definitely have to come visit! good luck packing and stuff as moving always sucks. i think.
ReplyDelete