23 March 2010

The West Wing

Our friend Devin is doing an internship with the President's Economic Council (or something like that; sounds official enough) and he offered to take us on a tour of the West Wing a couple weeks ago. I feel like West Wing tours are things you should be taking advantage of when you live in the area and that we might regret not doing later in life. I'm still a little bit confused about the difference between the Executive Office Building and the West Wing and the White House (well, not the actual buildings, just the purposes and who goes where) but we did see the Oval Office and lots of great paintings and busts of presidents. We also spent a lot of time talking about our favorite articles in The Onion about Joe Biden.

The Executive Office Building.

The really blurry tour group.

If I look totally haggard it's because I was still really sick.

An opportunity for you to Photoshop someone/something in there.

Robbie's long locks blowing in the wind (I cut them last night).

Looking haggard again.

Devin and the President. Devin is the one in the middle. (Duh.) This was not during our visit.

6 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad to see that Devin spells his name correctly.

    I think you will be glad that you took this opportunity when it came. No later regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, can you set something up for us when we come!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool!

    Before I saw the other two people of in the bottom picture I just saw the top of Obama's head and I thought the other two people were going to be you and Robbie and that you got to meet the pres.

    Good job on taking advantage of this oppurtunity. I got a tour of the Pentagon when I was visiting Matt and Eliza. That was pretty cool also but I don't think you can beat seeing the Oval Office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think i was most excited about seeing the president's desk, the original emancipation proclamation, and the situation room. so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sigh. I would love to take a picture with our President. I would cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I was in DC, I kept having dreams that I met the President. Sadly it never happened.

    It is awesome that you got to see the Oval Office.

    ReplyDelete