05 June 2009

Must love dogs

I got really lucky when I met Robbie because he is as much of an animal lover as I am. Okay, so he doesn't have a sidebar dedicated to LOLcat jokes, but he does love them. And as I briefly mentioned before, Paris has made us want a dog So Bad. It's going to be a while before we get one because 1) we don't have the time, 2) we don't have the money, and 3) we don't have the space. But mark my words. We will get our dog. (And, of course, our cat.)

My problem is that I would like to rescue a dog because 1) duh and 2) probably fewer health problems. (Kate can probably verify this, but it seems logical to me since a rescued dog probably isn't inbred a million times?) But if I rescue a dog, I probably won't get my dream dog: the French bulldog.


Thanks to a sighting of a beautiful and well-behaved Frenchie sitting in the doorway of our favorite patisserie waiting for its owner to finish her purchase, I am addicted to the idea of owning a bulldog. I need this dog. This dog is high maintenance. Apparently it gets hot really quickly and usually delivers pups via C-section. (Thank you, Wikipedia. Hours of mindless entertainment can be devoted to looking up dog breeds.)

BUT LOOK AT THAT SMILE!!!

9 comments:

  1. my favorite is the english bulldog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our friends have a bulldog named Yalie. She is so cute. I just love her. Oh the wrinkles, the snorts, the drooling, the long licking tongue, the snoring. She really is a great dog. And yes, they do deliver C-section and don't forget the insemination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go for a rescue dog.

    Nothing large to jump on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oui, ma chere (?), you are correct! Mutts are definitely healthier than purebreds. So just look for a French Bulldog that has a little...chihuahua mixed in or something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't decide if you're kidding or not. When I think of poor Robbie, unable to have a dog or a cat while he was young....

    Well, it just makes me super happy that you guys will have a dog (and a cat). :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why on earth would I be kidding about getting a dog?? I love animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will love your animals. Really, I will.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hannah, I have no doubt in this world that You love dogs (what's not to love?)... It's the part about Robbie wanting a dog that amuses me. And that's Only because he was deprived as a child because his mother told all the kids she was allergic to dogs and cats! I know! I couldn't believe it when I heard that! Which is why, one day when one of the kids said they couldn't have a dog because their mom was allergic, I said, "Huh? Your mom's not allergic to dogs. She told you that?!" She slays me. Truly.

    Well, I'm sure Diane will love your animals. She does her best with Shadow and Katie. (She did get even with me though. She taught Katie (the cat) how to drink out of people's water glasses).

    ReplyDelete
  9. French bulldogs are totally my favorites though lately I have been crazy for poodles!

    ReplyDelete