12 May 2016
rhoda at 2.5
I've been meaning to write a post about Rhoda's best quotes for quite some time now. She talks SO much and says the weirdest things—it's hard to keep track of them all. Here are the ones I've remembered to write down over the past few months—just picture her saying them in her super deep voice:
-In our bed one snowy morning: "Wow! That polka dot is snow!"
-Overhearing that Robbie is going on an airplane: "Dada, you should eat Goldfish on the plane" (Rhoda thinks that one cannot fly on a plane without Goldfish)
-After taking a bite of dinner: "It's good, babe!"
-Whenever she wants to get ready for the day she says "I want to get dressed time"
-This doesn't happen as much anymore (which is SO sad) but whenever Rhoda trips and falls she'll laugh nervously and say "Whoa, that was me!"
-Rhoda's obsessed with The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and for a long time she thought the theme song went "Me and Pooh, me and Pooh" and she'd walk around singing it over and over
-One night at family prayer Rhoda was playing with my hair and said, "I want to take this to bed. I can wear Mom's hair, and she can wear my hair." Weirdo.
-In the book The Runaway Bunny there's a scene where the runaway bunny runs away to a circus and he's on a flying trapeze and the mother bunny is a tightrope walker, but every time Rhoda points out that the mother bunny is on a "rope tight walk." Not going to correct that one, ever.
-Rhoda inverts a lot of words and phrases—my personal favorites are when she says "got for" instead of "forgot" ("Mama! We got for to say the prayer!") and "used be to" instead of "used to be." Also she says "because" in the wrong context all the time. I call it her flavoring word because she just throws it into sentences whenever she feels like it.
2.5 is a pretty golden age. Though Rhoda's not currently throwing any tantrums so it's probably easy for me to say that right now...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh, I do miss being with her - and you!
ReplyDeleteReally enjoyed this post. :)
ReplyDelete