04 November 2015

life with rhoda

Rhoda's second birthday

Rhoda turned two yesterday and I guess that deserves a post. I'm still recovering from last year's party so I didn't plan anything special. Sorry, kid! Welcome to the rest of your life. When I asked her what she wanted to eat for her birthday (a question I'm not sure she fully understood) she said she wanted ice cream and candles, and soup for dinner. So, we did that and fortunately everyone seemed okay with that. The only present I gave her was a baby basket that I made, which took me so long to do that it felt like 100 presents, and she was also super into that. I'm loving this baby doll phase So Much.

Other than that, we went to her art class in the morning and then met up with our friends the Joneses at Philadelphia's Magic Gardens for a quick walk through. Park in the afternoon (the weather has been AWESOME this week—mid-70s!), tantrums and a meltdown before/during dinner, and then finally bed. A pretty good day for a two year-old, I think.

Some photos from the past few weeks:

IMG_8420
Who needs a guard dog when you have Rhoda?

IMG_8437
In her art class apron

IMG_8439
In front of one of the many Isaiah Zagar mosaics in the city

IMG_8451
Bundled up at the beach (it WAS the first day of fall, after all...)

IMG_8852
Hanging out in a pumpkin patch that was just a square of hay in a parking lot

IMG_8854
Holding a stuffed owl (or "howl," as Rhoda says) at the Harry Potter Festival in Chestnut Hill

IMG_8920
Being reverent for the prayer (and still obsessed with that hat and wearing it everywhere)

Untitled
Where's Waldo/Madeline at a Halloween party

Untitled
On Halloween night, after falling asleep with her trick or treat glow stick

Untitled
Rhoda doesn't sit still for many shows but she is captivated by the old Madeline cartoon I used to watch as a kid. And she always watches it in this pose.

Untitled
What happens when you ask Rhoda to kneel down for the prayer

Untitled
After successfully blowing out one of her birthday candles

And just like that, I have a two year old. 

1 comment:

  1. Really can't wait to see Rhoda again - and you guys too!!

    ReplyDelete