08 October 2015

a wale of a time

Hey guys!

IMG_2897

Guess I should get around to posting that trip of ours. Wales is THE BEST!! After we spent a week in Madrid and Carcassonne (I'll eventually post those pics...) we went to London to stay with our BFFs Mark and Julie. We hadn't seen them since Rhoda was a newborn and now they have an almost one year-old in addition to almost four year-old Henry, who was about Rhoda's age when they moved. THINGS HAVE CHANGED. So we made the most of our time with them and decided to spend the few days we had together being super relaxed in Wales. We stayed on a farm and fed the chickens and did absolutely nothing but talk and tell jokes. Okay, we didn't do absolutely nothing—we had a proper Sunday roast at a pub, we went and saw some natural wonders, we went to the beach, we saw many a castle, and we drove. A lot. The driving wasn't too bad, though Rhoda cries every time we put her in the car seat now because she thinks she'll be sitting in it for at least four hours.

On to the photographic evidence of our trip:

IMG_2898
IMG_2902
IMG_2907
Some pretty views of the Pembrokeshire coast and the Green Bridge of Wales

IMG_1801
IMG_1831
The local castle, Carew, where we saw some awesome LARPers having a joust

IMG_1840
IMG_1839
Some photos Robbie took on his run around the 'hood in Narberth, where we were staying

IMG_8224
IMG_8276
IMG_8280
IMG_8279
The ducks and chickens on the farm, plus a pretty sunset, plus me taking a picture of Julie taking a picture of the sunset (META!)

IMG_8320
IMG_8316
IMG_1804
IMG_8322
IMG_2955
IMG_2939
IMG_2928
IMG_2918
IMG_2917
The cutest beach town, Tenby, where a seagull dropped a hermit crab on Mark's foot and scared the crap out of everyone

IMG_8331
IMG_8332
Teatime in Cardiff, plus a jam jar that made me laugh a lot for some reason. Welsh is just so funny to try and read out loud. Also, you can make lots of puns out of Caerphilly. Just try it!

IMG_2966
IMG_2967
IMG_2969
IMG_2971
IMG_2974
IMG_2977
IMG_8337
IMG_1845
Visiting Caerphilly Castle on probably the most beautiful day in creation

IMG_8348
IMG_8351
IMG_8366
My only three pictures from London. We just didn't spend a ton of time there, which is sad, but I've spent so much time there and I feel like we'll go back again so it wasn't such a bummer to miss out this trip. Plus, the main perk of visiting for us was spending time with the Taylors so we didn't plan anything for London anyway, haha. We got to go to the park by their house (that tiny wood house is the best) and I got to enjoy walking by The Bird in Hand, their local pub. I wish that American bars had better names.

IMG_1865
IMG_8371
And, lest we forget, we did spend a good 24 non-consecutive hours in airports and flying on planes. So, there's some documentation of that too. I am a pro at the airport with a toddler. Ask me anything!

3 comments:

  1. I think I should go on one of your trips - they look like the best trips ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, beautiful!!! Also, I'll have to see if I can get my car seat on my rolling bag like that--GENIUS! Lugging around an empty car seat is a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Did we seriously do all of that?
    I'm linking your post to mine because you actually put some effort into it and your photos are like woah. My photos are still on my canon and I just phoned it in. Ok, maybe I should do a little post on it, too. You're inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete