13 August 2014

mannerisms

31/52
● ● ●
1 August 2014
Rhoda's signature smirk—what Eliza calls her polite smile, but I think it's more like the V smile, which I'm now convinced is an inherited trait.

32/52
● ● ● 
9 August 2014 
Blueberries for dessert with a side of raspberries.

Rhoda makes the best faces. I can't keep up with them. She's starting to mimic other people, which is how she learned to blow raspberries. The polite smile has been going strong for months and I kind of hope it never goes away, even if she is fiercely dedicated to keeping her lips pursed shut when I need to get something out of her mouth (like the bits of sticks she kept shoving in her mouth at the playground today). Another little mannerism that I'd love to catch on camera is her face right after a nap and right before I feed her. She sits on my lap with a big smile on her face and clenches her fists and raises them high in the air and shakes them, right before she buries her face in my shoulder. And then my heart explodes.

This kid! I know they say babies get cuter and cuter each month but I just can't fathom it.

3 comments:

  1. Miss her!! She is endearing indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. And I love that her hair is starting to grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the V smile. And I didn't know you were in California. I'm back in the country, so next time you come to the Bay Area, let me know and we can get some ice cream or something.

    ReplyDelete