14 August 2013

"that's why i come up here—naaatuuuure!"

IMG_9147
IMG_9156
IMG_9158
IMG_9164
IMG_9166
IMG_9169
IMG_9174
IMG_9178
IMG_9179
IMG_9182
IMG_9187
IMG_9193
IMG_9194
IMG_9196

We went on a couple of tiny adventures while we were in Banner Elk. We took a slightly scary ride along the family property in a Polaris (I had my seatbelt on at least?) and Robbie and Christian had to do some dead tree removal along a narrow path so that we could keep going. We also had Sadie the family dog along for company and she was hilarious and sat on Robbie's lap the whole time. Christian's uncle Doug was our chauffeur and showed us a great time—he is really fun but he has a really thick Southern accent and Christian had to translate for me a couple of times. 

Later we went on a little nature walk around a little forest in the town that also runs through a college campus. The college looked more like a summer camp and I can't help but wonder what possesses people to want to go to college in such a small town, but that's probably what most people envision when I tell them I went to BYU.

Finally we made a quick pit stop at Mast General Store in Boone, which has a separate shop dedicated entirely to like 500 different kinds of candy (and consequently 500 different kinds of annoying kids packed in the store). Normally this would be my dream come true but since I'm off the sauce I just had to admire from a distance. Sigh...

Thanks Christian and Carlita for such a fun weekend! Can't wait to officially be adopted into your family so we can do this every year. Kidding? Maybe?

1 comment: