Zacky vying for "Best Hair" award
The beautiful hostesses: Jesse (who made most of the awesome food and hosted at her apartment), Julie (who did... I don't know, everything??), and Christina (who designed the most adorable invites and favors that I don't seem to have pictures of??)
Last weekend my dear Capitol Hill friends threw a shower for the wee babe. It is always kind of a hilarious challenge to host gatherings in our tiny city apartments, but Julie bravely stepped up to the task and orchestrated a really lovely afternoon full of friends and delicious food and "awwww"-ing over tiny baby things. We are so blessed to have made such wonderful friends at church, work, and in our neighborhood during our time in DC and it was really nice to see everyone together at the same time!
My niece Ida was awesome and helped me unwrap my presents. I really wish that someone had a camera to capture the look on her face when she walked in the room—it was her first ever baby shower and she looked like she was going to explode with excitement. An entire party dedicated to giving presents to an unborn baby? This concept was blowing her mind. (It is kind of funny.) We got lots of books for baby (and no duplicates! I have very literary friends with excellent and diverse tastes) and she kept pausing to say, "Oh, this is a REALLY good one—should I read it to you?" Also, when did she get old enough to read? I'm freaking out a little.
Also. Julie is moving to London next week. I don't even want to talk about it. She is one of my very best besties here in DC (she moved back to DC from NYC around the same time we moved here from Paris and we were a match made in internet heaven) and I don't know what I'm going to do without her being in the neighborhood anymore. She is amazing for taking the time to plan this shower in the midst of a hectic move overseas and I am just so thankful for her.
Anyway, enough sappy talk. I can't get into it here. So here we are, just acting natural:
Thanks everyone for showering this little Ham with so much love!
Looks fun. I'm glad li'l ham is being so well taken care of.
ReplyDeleteI'm certainly wishing I could have been there!!
ReplyDeleteI die over that tshirt
ReplyDeletelove all of it!!
ReplyDeleteBaby showers are the best! So glad you have wonderful friends to shower you and lil' Hamm!
ReplyDeleteI can't even talk about how I'm not going to be here for bebes bday. Ugly cry.
ReplyDeleteand that was obvs not mattwo, but julie. obvs, right?
ReplyDelete