23 July 2013
just practicing
We got our crib in the mail the other day and I was like, guess I'd better test it out. Isn't swaddling a teddy bear and putting it in a crib a rite of passage or something? I took a nap after I set up the crib and Robbie came home to me sleeping and the bear baby next to me in the crib and I think he thought I had gone a little crazy.
Also, I have to brag a little bit about the quilt in the crib—while I was at my parents' house, I pieced together some of my mom's leftover fabric scraps to make a quilt and I decided that I wanted to learn how to machine quilt (or "stipple," but I hate that word for obvious reasons). So I looked up a tutorial on YouTube and voila! I have a tiny machine quilted blanket now. All it takes is a special presser foot and really strong forearms because all that maneuvering in the machine really takes it out of you.
Labels:
domestic goddess,
li'l ham
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the quilt! And the teddy. :) Hope you're doing well in your pregnancy. :)
ReplyDeleteYou are a master swaddler. And good job on the quilt! I was just thinking this morning about you being pregnant and how you made Levi that awesome little quilt, then I started feeling bad because I'm not talented enough to make anything that awesome for your baby! Haha.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks lovely!! I love the mini crib!!
ReplyDeleteI tried all Gwen's clothes on my bunny. And I was just telling Regan that I want this sleeper next time. You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteAw, cute little bear and his quilt. I still haven't made that quilt I meant to make before Cora was born. And yeah, that sleeper looks like a good idea.
ReplyDeleteLOL I think that would bne pretty awesome to see his reaction. After we put the baby swing together before miss Abigail came, we put a large Yankee Candle in it to test it out. Everybody does it, right? Love the quilt!
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh. I machine quilted a little baby-sized quilt a few years ago, but I only did straight lines. Yours looks totally cute!
ReplyDeletethat quilt! and you inspired me to try the cloth diaper I just finished making on a teddy bear. perfect fit!
ReplyDelete