18 March 2013

love of my life, don't leave me

Robbie and I just got back from a super fun getaway to Austin, right in the middle of SXSW. Well, Robbie was there for work to attend the interactive portion of the festival, and then I joined him a few days later for the bacchanalia that is the music and film festival. It was kind of a surreal experience (some pictures and recap to come later) that I'm glad I got to experience now because there's no way I'd ever be able to muster up the energy to go again. The weather and food were amazing though and made up for all the hours we stood in line, and for all the crap in my purse that I had to give to the bouncers or throw away because it wasn't allowed in the venues. Wah wah.

I'm not the most current anymore when it comes to music either, which is sad—our friend that we went with asked me what music I listen to these days and I was a little embarrassed to admit that my most recently played Pandora station is the Tears for Fears station. I mean, whatever! I just like to listen to the same things that I listened to when I still had older siblings living at home in the early 90s—so sue me.

Also getting a lot of play in our house these days is Queen's A Night at the Opera. UGH I love that album. Just more to confirm that I only (un-ironically) listen to music that was recorded before I was born. And only music that is performed by someone in white track pants and a Betty Boop muscle tee.


No point to that post, really, except to let you all know that I emerged from Austin unscathed, and I still love Freddie Mercury. Ta da!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I only know music that my kids listened to!! And I love Freddie Mercury too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just bought tickets to the BNL/Ben Folds 5/Guster concert. So, no worries. My music taste is stuck in the late '90s, which can't even be considered ironic yet.

    ReplyDelete