Hey there! Remember me? I'm back from my holiday travels and I've got the holiday sinus infection/cold/whatever it is to prove it. Thanks, sickness, for waiting till I was no longer on vacation to rear your ugly head.
Robbie and I spent Christmas Eve and morning here in DC. We celebrated the eve by decorating cookies and having a fancy dinner with friends, and came home later that night to open the traditional Terrill Christmas Eve pajamas. I figured that our first Christmas with just the two of us should have some old family traditions incorporated so I bought us matching onesies. Unfortunately, I accidentally bought women's sizes and Robbie's didn't even make it up to his shoulders. If I were a cruel person I would have gotten a picture and posted it on the internet, but you'll just have to imagine that the two of us couldn't stop laughing for a good five minutes. Also, wearing a onesie to bed in winter is like the best thing that's ever happened to me.
Christmas morning brought beautiful, clear skies and we opened presents together around the world's best Christmas tree (really, we struck gold this year) before heading to brunch hosted by some other friends. After a merry meal and some sad goodbyes to friends who are moving (what is it with people leaving me? I can't handle it) we hopped on an evening plane to Utah to begin our holiday travels.
The holiday celebrated with our little family (I feel weird calling just the two of us a "family" but it is what it is) was a lot of fun. We love to be with extended family but it was kind of nice to test out a new tradition, especially since staying at home was something that both of our families did growing up. It was also nice to spend the holidays with our ward "family"—a funny term that I know a lot of Mormons use with reckless abandon, but I really feel close to the people in our ward and spending such a special holiday with those we love was the perfect way to celebrate.
Merry belated Christmas to all of you!
ehhhhhhhhhh sexy lady. op op op op. oppan onesie style.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks really great. And don't feel bad about calling you two a family, since, as you say, that is what you are. Families come in all sizes.
ReplyDeleteCUUUUTE pics Hannah!
ReplyDeleteWe were all alone Christmas morn till Dad went and got Grandma Terrill - sleeping in was way okay with me!! Your holiday celebration sounds lovely - we've spent some Christmases in different settings and they all add up to great memories -wish I had a trundle of great photos of them like you do though!!
ReplyDeleteI must be plagued with the same cold that you have. I am really glad that it waited until I got home, but, man, I am kind of over being sick:)
ReplyDeleteLove the onesie. Are you going to exchange Robbie's? Because I think he really needs one. And a picture of the two if you in matching onesies should definitely be posted on the world wide web.
Just noticed the space needle/R2D2 ornament. Woot!
ReplyDeleteI love family traditions, and it is fun to start making your own family traditions the two of you. Yes, you are a family.
ReplyDeleteI laughed out loud about Robbie's onesie.