I have more Turkey pictures to share but I need a break and there is lots to talk about so indulge me for a bit. Thanksgiving was hardly cold in its grave when I mentally threw November aside and welcomed Christmas with a hearty "ho, ho, ho!" I'm serious. Let me show you.
We bought a Christmas tree. Our tradition is to get a tree from Eastern Market on the day after Thanksgiving while my parents are here for the long weekend. When I was growing up my parents sometimes wouldn't get our tree up until Christmas Eve so I am generally kind of adamant about getting the tree up over the holiday so we don't run out of free time. Please note that our parsley bush is OUT OF CONTROL. Let me know if you need some parsley.
We decorated the tree. Isn't Ida cute?
I started my Christmas crafting. As you probably already know, I can't ever shake the urge to craft and Christmas just makes it worse. I made some ornaments on Saturday and now our tree looks SUPER awesome.
We went ice skating. A new rink just opened up in Georgetown and it wasn't super crowded, so we had a last-minute date and hit up Baked & Wired for cupcakes too. It was a good night.
And last but not least... SUFJAN! I was so excited for this concert and it didn't disappoint. There was a sing-along and he played old and new stuff and there were costumes and dancing and unicorns and confetti and bubbles... and this was printed on our sing-along program:
I just love that guy. Here's an oldie but a goodie that he played on Saturday:
I think this is going to be a great Christmas. We've got concerts and parties lined up for December and Robbie's already planning his sugar cookie extravaganza. Plus I'm kind of happy to bid farewell to a hectic 2012 and Christmas means we're closer to ushering out the old and welcoming in the new on a high note. Am I jumping the gun with these thoughts? Don't answer that.
Those painted glass ornaments have been on my crafting list forever and I still haven't done them. Yours look great!
ReplyDeleteWhere did you find those ornaments?
ReplyDeletemichaels. you can buy anything at michaels.
DeleteCute picture of her putting the ornament on the tree! I love your blog.
ReplyDelete