21 September 2012

quebec kitty

IMG_6557 copy

Montreal was sort of our home base for our trip, and we took a couple of day trips to nearby cities. Quebec City is about two hours out of Montreal so we rented a car (well, we were actually "upgraded" to a minivan because they gave away our more fuel-efficient option...) and headed to QC early Sunday evening. Again, we were blessed with beautiful weather, which made for a nice jaunt about town to enjoy the European-ish charm and cobblestone streets.

accordion

IMG_6378 copy

IMG_6454 copy

IMG_6534 copy

church

IMG_6483 copy

Most of the interesting stuff in QC is within the old city walls, so that made it easy to plan our day. The main point of interest is the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac, which is a giant, fancy hotel overlooking the St. Lawrence River and not actually a historic castle like you might think. Instead of blowing hundreds of dollars on a fancy hotel room, Robbie opted for a much better option:

IMG_6508 copy

A CAT-THEMED B&B. Judging by the website I'm not exactly sure how Robbie found out that the owner loves cats, but every room has paintings of cats and cat cross-stitch as decor. Plus, there are two cats that live in the B&B so it was pretty much my dream come true.

Moving on.

IMG_6555 copy

IMG_6556 copy

IMG_6588 copy

IMG_6593 copy

IMG_6603 copy

IMG_6607 copy

One of the highlights of our QC trip was the food. We really didn't eat out that much (see food map here) but when we did... holy mother. We had the best meal of my life, at a new place called Le Chic Shack. We had our reservations at first (it was kind of empty, there weren't very many reviews on Yelp or TripAdvisor) but it turned out to be amazing. They had amazing burgers and a delicious rendition of poutine that I can't stop dreaming about, as well as homemade sodas and ice cream sandwiches. And, go figure, it was started by an American. But who cares? It was the bomb. You should go to QC just to eat at Le Chic Shack.

Quebec City—charming, and worth the day trip! If only for the poutine, and for these views:

IMG_6614

IMG_6612

8 comments:

  1. You guys look SHARP. And you take great photos! I'm honored to be your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go to Montreal - and Quebec City!! And I hope you put money in the accordianist's case!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair! Such a pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about your cat B & B for days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saturday I was watching Parks and Recreation on Netflix (season 3 episode 8 "Camping", if you were wondering) and they stayed at a cat themed B&B. Instead of 2 cats living in the B&B there were like 200. I thought of you. I don't think they were in Quebec.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are so cute! filing away that restaurant name, since all i care about is eating when traveling. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! That Parks & Rep episode!! That is funny.

    My husband pointed out to me recently that my idea of success is someone who's been to a ton of places. So just wanted you to know...you're really successful. Plus, I've been really into Canada lately (mostly my dorky L.M. Montgomery obsession) and these photos of yours make me yearn for it even more. Yes, yearn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE Canada! Toronto had this whole East meets New World meets old world understated whimsy thing going for it. So great.

    ReplyDelete