25 June 2012

showered

IMG_6110 copy

IMG_6109

IMG_6108

IMG_6111

IMG_6120

IMG_6114

IMG_6151

IMG_6140

IMG_6134

IMG_6137

IMG_6146

IMG_6168

IMG_6160

IMG_6163

This weekend we (me, Lisa, Julie) threw a shower for our friend Tamra, who is having a baby boy in just a few short weeks! FYI—I can't think of anything more fun than giving showers. The three of us had such a good time crafting up a storm and sharing ideas, and then to top it off with ooh-ing and aah-ing with friends over baby things was really just the icing on top.

Speaking of icing, the food was awesome. Julie made monkey bread, gruyere asparagus tarts, and tiny ham sandwiches; Lisa made the most delicious chocolate chip cookies and experimented with flavored waters; and I brought lots of pre-made stuff for a yogurt parfait bar. (I invested most of my energy in the crafting and I have a microwave-sized oven—give me a break!) Julie also found a winning shower activity that didn't involve a melted candy bar in a diaper—I wrote letters on 26 pieces of cardstock, and each of the attendees drew a picture to correspond with the letter to make a little alphabet book for baby boy! It was really fun because it was a social activity that everyone participated in (even the ones who claimed they weren't artistic joined in on the fun) and will make a fun keepsake for Tamra and the babe.

Anyway, it was a really fun morning. If you're having a baby, please let us throw a party for you. We're seriously considering starting a business (and I even invested in a beverage dispenser and a heart-shaped hole punch—I know, it's the big time).

8 comments:

  1. please throw me a shower just like this. except you may have to relocate and you may have to wait another 10 years.
    well done ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I love the alphabet book idea too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That baby's expression is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:58 PM

    Hmmm pretty sure I will move to DC when I get pregnant so I can have a fabulous party. Also, your hair looks so long - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you still throw me a party, even if I'm not having a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great party. I love the alphabet card activity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:09 PM

    OMG your ABC book turned out beautifully - YAY!

    ReplyDelete