This was a great Easter weekend. It was the first weekend in I don't know how long that I didn't have to work or run 20 miles or whatever. So I slept in and cleaned and ate and hung out with Robbie and it was good. Note to self—I need to do less more often.
I woke up on Sunday to Robbie informing me that he thought he heard an animal in the bathroom (would not be surprising) and that I should check it out, which was totally creepy and baffling. He kept saying, "I think there's an animal in there... maybe a rabbit, or something?" Haha. ROBBIE! I love that guy. (I finally found my Easter basket in the dryer.)
After we ate too much candy and I made Robbie some Easter waffles, we went on a walk around our neighborhood. Since we don't walk to church anymore (our building is being torn down and we have to drive across the river to another building), we really don't get to walk around our neighborhood together very often. And it was really nice. There were lots of young people and young families dressed up in Easter clothes, getting ready to go to church. The sun was out and the trees and flowers were in full bloom. I think that it was pretty much textbook weather for Easter.
Church was also pretty fabulous. I played the organ and chose "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" in the hopes that someone who reads my blog would sing like John Daker. The service was beautiful and our bishop asked some women in our ward to read scriptures, sing, and bear testimonies, as an homage to Mary Magdalene and "the other Mary," the women who were the first to see and tell of the resurrected Christ. It was a beautiful Sunday.
As my mom noted, Easter Sunday also marked the 6 month birthday of my nephew Jonah. What an awesome day to remember the Atonement and the beautiful thought that we are a forever family thanks to Christ's sacrifice.
As my mom noted, Easter Sunday also marked the 6 month birthday of my nephew Jonah. What an awesome day to remember the Atonement and the beautiful thought that we are a forever family thanks to Christ's sacrifice.
Final thought—I'm going to be totally bummed when all of the blossoms make way for greenery. The neighborhood is just really pretty to look at right now.
Ah I miss the spring weather in virginia!! And what a cute easter basket!! such a good husband....mine didn't even pick out an egg for me lol! Your hair looks lovely too btw!
ReplyDeletedude. john daker made our day. amazing. you guys looks great. can't wait to eat too much with you soon.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous in your pretty Easter outfit! Glad you guys had a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI passed that john daker video onto everyone I love. It is amazing. (but now "amore" has been stuck in my head for days.) I definitely thought of it and laughed when we sang christ the lord is risen today in church also. and I have to say that is amazing what your ward did for sac mtg. I'm having ward envy. sigh.
ReplyDeletealso, you look so great!
Just have to say thank you for sharing the John Daker vid. I think Brett and I watched it 5 times (did you see the cartoon one they made? Also funny.) Sadly we did not get to sing it in church.
ReplyDeleteYou look great. Do you happen to have any notes (or a good memory) of what happened in your sacrament meeting? I ask because I am the music coordinator for my ward and am really interested in what could happen somewhere in between "program" and "talks interspersed with musical numbers." Am I making any sense? We also had all women speakers in my ward this Sunday and it was great. D.C. looks fabulous.
ReplyDeleteyes! they started with a sister reading from the new testament, i believe, and then the primary sang a song, then another sister read matthew 28 (i think), then the relief society sang "beautiful savior," then two sisters bore testimonies, then there was a rest hymn, then two sisters closed with testimonies. we did a similar thing for christmas too. i think that a mostly-musical sacrament meeting is brilliant, since most people love to hear songs that you only get to sing once a year, and most people (myself included) can feel the spirit more with a hymn than merely a talk. i'm all about the music, man. and the music man.
DeleteWe sang Christ the Lord is Risen Today, and we all raised our eyebrows at each other at at Jeff, who was on the stand (trying to make him laugh, so obviously not very reverent during that song.) I reminded my boys not to break into Amore at the end. Otherwise there would've been trouble in River city (right here!).
ReplyDeleteOk, I like the Music man too.
We sang Christ the Lord is Risen Today, and we all raised our eyebrows at each other at at Jeff, who was on the stand (trying to make him laugh, so obviously not very reverent during that song.) I reminded my boys not to break into Amore at the end. Otherwise there would've been trouble in River city (right here!).
ReplyDeleteOk, I like the Music man too.
It was fast Sunday in our ward, so there were only testimonies - didn't really feel very Eastery. We had fun at Bonny's - I need to blog it - some new Terrill traditions in the offing.
ReplyDeleteLove your Easter outfit - and your hair.
Ah, I will always have a soft spot for "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" (despite what John Daker may do to it). I made Ari play it on piano the day after Passover, because that's all I really need to make it feel like Easter.
ReplyDeleteI was really hoping we'd sing that song in church, but no luck.
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get to sing that song in church (either, @Veronica) and I was so bummed. Love it. I love your outfit, beeteedoubleyou, and blowing hair.
ReplyDeleteyou are pretty and i'm grateful to you for bringing john daker into my life.
ReplyDeleteaww...you guys look so cute for easter!
ReplyDelete