Here's some food for thought:
This is what I have found: to let ourselves be seen, deeply seen, vulnerably seen; to love with our whole hearts, even though there's no guarantee... to practice gratitude and joy in those moments of terror, when we're wondering, "Can I love you this much? Can I believe in this this passionately? Can I be this fierce about this?" just to be able to stop and, instead of catastrophizing what might happen, to say, "I'm just so grateful, because to feel this vulnerable means I'm alive."This is from a TED talk I watched yesterday. I had to mull that one over in my head for a while and fight my instincts, but I get it now. Today, I am grateful for feeling alive.
(You can watch/read the talk here.)
What is TED? Last night at my autism class they had a clip from a talk by Temple Grandin and it was on TED?
ReplyDeleteAnd vulnerability can be scary - but rewarding too.
Ha! -- we were talking about this exact TED talk at book group last week. It revolutionaized the way I think about vulnerability (if not necessarily the way I act about it...). Is the picture of those gorgeous, vulnerable cherry blossoms just a coincidence, or a brilliant metaphor?
ReplyDeleteit's a brilliant metaphor, of course! :)
Deletealso, i think that i must be connected to book club more than i thought...
DeleteWell, of course you are! It's the whole mutual love/vulnerability thing!
Deletebeautiful post, and beautiful blog.
ReplyDelete