After Bangkok, Ao Nang was our launching point before we left for the islands. We flew into Krabi airport and didn't roll into town till late afternoon, but we still put on our bathing suits to make sure that a warm beach in February was actually possible to experience. (It is.)
We didn't do much in Ao Nang but it was still nice and relaxing. It was our first hotel experience in Thailand and I just can't say enough good things about Thai hospitality. We stayed in a place called Cozy Place (seriously) and it was clean and the staff were so nice. My only complaint is that because Krabi is in the Muslim part of Thailand, there are speakers everywhere blasting the calls to prayer from the mosque. I was jolted awake twice from what I thought was a man with a megaphone inside my room: once during a jet-lagged nap, and once at 5 in the morning. Kind of funny/frightening.
After a stroll down the street (yeah, there's pretty much just this one street in Ao Nang) and some tasty curry for dinner, we bought some kerosene paper lanterns to light and send off over the ocean. Robbie is all about lighting things on fire and sending them in the air, but I was content to hold a lantern for two seconds before I freaked out because of the wind and handed it back to Robbie.
Next up: Ko Phi Phi!
ahh it takes me back. the call to prayer at 3am always gave me disconcerting dreams. and well. you're very pretty my dear, especially in Thailand.
ReplyDeleteYou're beautiful in Thailand! Wish I looked that good in a swimsuit!
ReplyDeleteIsaac has been trying to make lanterns like those for about four months. He was envious of your experience.
ReplyDeleteLook at that cute suit of yours!
ReplyDeleteWe wake up every morning to those calls to prayer. They do it here in the evening as well. Pretty much all day. We live near a mosque. Looks like you had a great time. We flew through Thailand when we lived in Nepal and we loved their hospitality.
ReplyDeleteI completely love that photo of the geometric lanterns in the tree.
ReplyDeleteLooks great - a warm beach in February sounds like a great place to be!!
ReplyDeleteSo jealous. And by the way, your arms look great!
ReplyDelete