Tiny Polaroid magnets for Robbie's Christmas stocking, from this tutorial. Pretty much followed the instructions as written, except that instead of using a white paint marker to paint the edges, I used Wite-Out. A perfectly good substitution.
Homemade, veggie-rich dinners. We had been doing a really bad job of cooking at home and eating vegetables, so we bought a no-frills cookbook and expanded our repertoire. We also ate lots of eggplant this month, which I didn't mind at all.
Various and sundry projects with the fabric bought with my finally-redeemed G Street Fabrics LivingSocial deal. I love the tiny orange boats so much.
A little take-home for our ward's Young Women that we gave out at New Beginnings last week. Isn't it funny how pre-teens get really excited about something framed to put in their bedroom? (Myself included.)
Two 10-minute pencil skirts, courtesy of my talented friend Elle. I aspire to be a crafty maven like her one day. My version was more like a 15-minute skirt (I made this green one before church yesterday [granted, I have 1:30 church]!), because I added a band of fabric to the top of my skirt to give the top a more finished look. But seriously quite easy (and cheap with 40% off knit fabrics, 20% off my entire purchase, making it less than $10 for both skirts—I love you Joann's). Also, I'm obsessed with kelly green lately—also my alma mater's color ("greeeeeen aaaaand whiiiiiiite"!).
Anything else I should be making? I'm on a roll here.
Cute things! I love making things. That skirt makes me want to make a few!
ReplyDeleteI need to make those magnets pronto. Look at all you productivity!
ReplyDeleteWell well.. Look at you miss domestic diva! I love all the projects. I've been trying to cook at home more often too. We are the WORST with just grabbing something cheap and easy in the middle of busy schedules and laziness.
ReplyDeleteLove that skirt! You and Elle both rocked that style!
I like your fabric choices. A lady in relief society was talking about a nearby fabric warehouse that I'm excited to visit. What are you going to make with it? I think my next fabric project will be a stuffed elephant toy.
ReplyDeleteI adore the kelly skirt, and your whole outfit! very cute!
ReplyDeleteI bet you look hot in that skirt. :)
ReplyDeleteI still love those magnets. I need something to make too. I might just have to do a pencil skirt, too. BTW where did you find your pattern for that little baby doll?
ReplyDeleteGood to see you so anxiously engaged in craftiness!! I wish I was doing that - I need to go grade papers instead!! (And watch Doc Martin.)
ReplyDeleteAlso what's with the pirate post? Not title shows!
cute skirt! LOVE the green. I just met elle at alt. she's such a doll. :)
ReplyDelete