19 January 2012

warm thoughts

When I had a hard time dragging myself out of bed this morning (and yesterday morning, and many mornings before that), I finally admitted to myself that maybe, just maybe I have a hard time with winter. Have I ever had the winter blues before? Probably. It's just hitting me a little harder this year. I had to remind myself this morning that I don't typically have to lay in bed for 40 minutes before I muster up the courage to put my bare feet on our cold tile floor and face the biting cold outside—and this has been a mild winter so far! Sigh. First world problems.

How about some leftover pictures from the holidays in California to remind us of better times, when it was 90 degrees in December and you didn't need to wear a jacket in the morning?

IMG_4007

IMG_4027

IMG_4252

IMG_4259
1, 2. watching the horses warm up at the race track // 3, 4. Newport Beach (yes, we went to the BEACH in DECEMBER and it was WARM and I almost DIED AND WENT TO HEAVEN)

And. Since we're talking about Monrovia... might I make a recommendation? In case you are in the mood for a delicious sandwich whipped up for you by some really friendly, tatted up bikers who have decorated their store with a variety of cute salt and pepper shaker sets and make a mean ranch dressing?

marketgrill

IMG_4262

IMG_4269

Well then, I know just the place for you—The Market Grill in Monrovia, California, which is conveniently located across the street from my brother's house (where we spent a lot of time over the break). I want to marry that ranch dressing.

Freak, now I'm cold AND hungry.

5 comments:

  1. Just to entice you further to come to my wedding- Market Grill is catering.

    There ranch is beyond. Did you have the Chicken California??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Market Grill is SO yummy! Maybe we need to go home and meet for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's rainy and cold today - but cold is 45 degrees. We still miss you!! And Market Grill is still yummy - maybe I will do lunch there today!!

    And this is mom, not dad - the internet is down - I'm using the iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you've been feeling heavy and blue. I hope you get feeling happier. And Happy Chinese new year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That sandwich looks good. It'll only be a couple more months before it starts to get warmer there! You can make it through.

    ReplyDelete