27 January 2012

this weather is blowing my mind

I woke up this morning to pounding rain, thunder, and lightning. Totally didn't mind that, since the forecast today predicted 63 degrees, and it was 30 degrees and snowing last weekend. So. I left my house with boots, jacket, and umbrella in tow, and by the time I got to work this morning it looked like this:

I guess I brought that umbrella to work today for nothing


Again—DO NOT MIND. Thank you January. I was beginning to have a bit of a breakdown because the bitter cold of January seemed to be never-ending. And now the end of January gifted this blue sky to me. Thanks.

February is another story. Shortest month of the year, but the cold makes it feel like it lasts forever. But again, I don't mind, since this year I'll be spending most of it on a beach in southern Thailand. Bangarang.

11 comments:

  1. A beach in Thailand! I'm envious of your travels. And yes, the weather is approved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thailand? excuse me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, are you visiting Jess and Dannii at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @rik we are staying with them for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, it was a monsoon when I was walking to work this morning. My hair is still a frizzy mess! Wish I could enjoy the awesome aftermath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freaking Thailand. Man oh man I'm jealous. I'll be stuck in the never ending fog/rain/depression I call a Portland winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:51 AM

    Oh man, did you just quote "Hook"? Rob and I say "bangarang, Peter!" all the time and we always giggle a little. Just goes to show we are meant to be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thailand!!! ask josh, it has ALWAYS been on my dream list. canNOT wait for your pics and telling of your adventures. so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh one more thing... that picture is like a tease to me. oh upstate NY, how i love you. enjoy your blue skies!:) looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bangarang is right. BTW--what's wrong with February? It's never as cold in Feb as it is in January, and it's so close to March. I can almost feel the blossoms poking out of the branches. Which reminds me--I found a crocus in my front yard! Anyway...dude, you totally have it made this winter. No snow in Dec, like 3 days below 35 in January, then a handful of 50 or even 60+ days, then Thailand for 2 weeks.

    Ahhhh I can't wait for SPRING!!! I wore sandals today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's pretty nice here today - we hiked to the Falls with some friends.

    ReplyDelete