24 January 2012

promotional consideration for this blog post furnished by applebee's


In high school and college I couldn't sit through four quarters of football, but currently I can't seem to get my Friday Night Lights fix fast enough. I know, I know—I'm late for the party. But here are my pressing thoughts as I begin season three—no spoilers, please.

-Tami Taylor is my life coach.
-Robbie claims to not have the patience for the show, yet he has his own nickname for Tim Riggins—Big Rig.
-Season one: Matt Saracen!!! Season two: Matt Saracen??!! Season three: Welcome back, Matt Saracen.
-Is every play in football "blue 80"? Is that even what he is calling out?
-As pointed out by my coworker Elyse, I'm happy that they cast a weird-looking child as Grace Taylor. It makes the family more real.
-I wish that Julie Taylor was also not the name of one of my good real-life friends, because fictional Julie Taylor is an idiot.
-How is the quesadilla burger at Applebee's?

15 comments:

  1. this is maybe the best post you've EVER written. the baby creeps me out. I'm sorry. I've said it, online. I'M A HORRIBLE PERSON. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so not interested in this show and then I watched the pilot and immediately had to watch more. Glad you made it through crazy season two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is a show? Glad I figured that out - I thought it was some real team I'd never heard of! I know less about football - prep, college or pro - than anyone I know. Except maybe my mother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tear up just looking at that photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man.. that Tim Riggins even in is drunken stupor he's a babe.

    I hate Julie Taylor (t.v. version) such an idiot.

    Matt Saracen and the nurse.. "wah?"

    We only made it to season three and then we bailed. I hope you make it to at least the fourth quarter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried a few times. Didn't happen for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's not to say I won't try again, someday. So many people love it (including Matt) that I figure there's something I missed on my first few tries.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting you are watching this right now. I am halfway through season 2 and David claims I am addicted. He won't sit and watch it, yet he needs updates on all the things that are happening. I have found that watching Coach Taylor helps me understand David more. Why is this? I understand that this is pathetic.
    Also- do you think about Landry the murderer?
    And- Doesn't baby Grace remind you of the Josie Duggar?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea!!! I was totally addicted to this show when it was on tv, well the first few seasons at least. Don't you love Coach Taylor, or is that just me!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah i was totally google-able with my maiden name, but now i will forever come up on google as the idiot blonde from friday night lights. she drives me crazy.
    i've been trying to convince mark to watch FNL all over again. i miss it! and ditto on tami taylor, she is a genius lady.

    ReplyDelete
  11. clear eyes full heart can't lose

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete
  13. !!! best blog post ever! my husband's nickname for tim was "riggidy rigs"...and we definitely watched every last episode. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. when i am done with psych - i will give FNL a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melissa loved this show. I watched the first episode but then we cancelled netflix. (which I will say is a sad thing for me)
    People do love coach Taylor, don't they?

    ReplyDelete