05 January 2012

2012: the year of the tiny hat

IMG_4223

Happy new year! I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures from our two week vacation, so let's start with the most important thing—tiny party hats. I cannot take any credit for this except for my great taste in friends. My lovely friend Alison blesses the internet with her great (and free!) tutorials, and when I saw her tiny party hat tutorial, I knew it would be just the thing to complete the annual Terrill New Year's Eve party. With the help of my awesome niece Ella, we cranked out almost 30 party hats for everyone at the party to enjoy. Originally I was planning on just making the hats and then letting everyone decorate their own, but it became problematic when some of the younger kids were more interested in touching the hot glue gun than doing anything productive with it. So the kids art directed while Ella hot glued buttons, pom poms, and feathers galore to the hats.

IMG_4109

The great thing about the tiny party hats is that for some reason, everyone is attracted to them. I am so pleased with my family for being such great sports and wearing them all night. My 91 year-old grandma even wore hers all night! And some didn't stop there—my oldest sister Bonny and her girls wore them to church the next day.

IMG_4092

Here are some more pictures of people in their hats. Somehow I thought that I took a lot more pictures of everyone's hats, but I guess some people were more enthusiastic than others about getting their pictures taken. Bless their hearts.

eliza_bonny

IMG_4225

IMG_4197

mom_dad

IMG_4098

Stay tuned for more updates and pictures from the holidays! There's much more where that came from...

10 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the tiny hats! Totally stealing that idea for next year. Or maybe sooner. There have got to be plenty of occasions for tiny hats, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Terrill New Year's ever, I think!

    A close second being the year Karl brought appetizers and Bruce cleaned out Mom and Dad's fridge.

    Last year was pretty fun too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:35 PM

    That is adorable, definitely will have to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh those hats. the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @eliza, that was a most excellent year. NYE just isn't the same without Karl. Or an organized fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dad and Arcelia cleaned out the fridge today - it's been leaking - so they had to track down the source. Should be fine now. I must say the Terrill Family New Year's Eve celebrations just get better and better - and we even forgot the Crackers!!

    The Talent Show was another plus - hope you have photos of that too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You missed me. You dont love me. I am so sad. I know you did not miss me on purpose. Next time we still have them we did not wear them to church. But they were in my car in the back for decorations. Love you and it was great to see you and Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my gosh, soooo cute!! those little hats are genius! and i'm with Sarah...might just have to steal this idea sometime :)

    ReplyDelete