2 - Robbie looking pleased at the Met
3 - my parents enjoying the glory of Tiffany's on 5th Avenue
4 - a $25K Barbie foosball table at FAO Schwartz and a sweet lion in the Bergdorf windows
5 - 30 Rock decked out in holiday finery (sans lights on the tree...)
6 - a parting shot at Herald Square
7 - the Lincoln Center and dinner at Patsy's
Anyway, my parents were here for Thanksgiving, and we decided a few weeks ago to introduce them to the glory that is New York City on the Friday and Saturday after the holiday. Eliza and fam also joined in on the fun, which was a bonus—and the kids were so good despite the fact we were dragging them all over the city for hours on end. We had deluxe accommodations in Park Slope thanks to the Johnsons, and I think that we gave them a pretty good taste of the city for being there such a short amount of time. I even had a random meet-up with my inter-friend Natalie on the Upper West Side (who recommended Patsy's), which was really fun. I love making my internet friends into real life friends. Also, I seriously love New York City. I was once wary, but now I want to give it a big hug.
And to close, here's a glamour shot of ol' Lady Liberty:
Sweet goodness. New York on Thanksgiving is on the to do list in life. I'm all about the cheese and hitting up the Macy's day parade.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a rad time.
fuuun! i'm always so torn too about whether to use my phone camera or a "real" camera. you just can't beat the convenience of an iphone! :)
ReplyDeleteNice pictures! For an east-coaster I'm embarassingly unfamiliar with New York. I think I've only been twice and never even ate anywhere cool. I will have to ask you for suggestions when I go again.
ReplyDeleteAlso, is it just me, or does that song get stuck in your head FOR EVER? It wouldn't be bad if I could make any sense of the lyrical grammar. "Concrete jungle where dreams are made of"?? I don't get it.
I like your phone photos. I give them an A+.
ReplyDeletePretty sure you've done more in New York than I have and I LIVE HERE! You're an inspiration to us all!
ReplyDeleteLoved our visit - it was my first and I'm already planning the next one!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your great hospitality!!
barbie foosball...FREAKY
ReplyDeleteso now that you like nyc, that means you guys are moving here right?
ReplyDelete