30 November 2011

concrete jungle II

IMG_3260

IMG_3268

IMG_3278

30rock_radiocity

IMG_3290

IMG_3274

dad_ida

IMG_3300

skyline

IMG_3308

IMG_3315

Since this was my parents' first trip to New York (well, my dad's second trip in about 40 years), we did a lot of the more touristy things that Robbie and I haven't done before. It occurred to us that this is the third time in four months that we've made the trip up, and on those trips we usually just hang out with friends. On Friday night we walked around 5th Avenue and looked at the store windows decorated for the holidays, and watched the ice skaters at Rockefeller Center paying way too much money for a run around the ice ($75!!!). Saturday afternoon we walked around Ground Zero, then walked through Battery Park to the Staten Island ferry to check out the Statue of Liberty from afar. I can't believe how incredible the weather was this weekend—every time we've gone it has been blazing hot, and I was worried that we'd be freezing the whole time. But guess who didn't even wear a jacket? (This gal.) Guess who did? (My perpetually chilly dad.) Anyway, sunny and breezy, and perfect for a walk around the big city.

I'd also like to draw your attention to my dad's V smile above, a feat that only a few of our siblings can do, which makes me think that it's like a special genetic trait. Seriously! My mom can't do it and Robbie can't do it... but Eliza can (even while carrying a sleeping three year-old on her tiny self):

IMG_3330

Robbie says it freaks him out when I do it, so I'm sorry if the V smile freaks you out too. I think it's cute. On my dad, at least.

5 comments:

  1. Since my camera disappeared, I'm especially grateful to see these photos - they are way better than mine would have been anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thoughts.

    1. i like your hat.

    2. you and robbie look cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still laughing at myself for carrying Ida pretty much all day.

    But I loved it.

    Also, I love your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the v smile is cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the v smile is awesome! and i second that you have great hair.

    ReplyDelete