03 October 2011

it's rory time

IMG_2823

IMG_2839

IMG_2861

IMG_2866

Rory, one of my nearest and dearest, came and visited last weekend. (Weekend before this past one, I guess... I'm a little behind.) I am sure that all Rory wants in life is a blog post dedicated to his pretty little bearded face, so he will get it.

And for good measure, a picture of my sweet friend Kat as a patriot:

IMG_2856

She was carrying that American flag around in her purse. She takes living in DC seriously.

In other news, I have really fallen off the blogging bandwagon, and I have missed telling you about the minute details of my life. I have been having some time management issues lately and I'm beginning to re-learn to prioritize, so that's good. A little bit of conference this past weekend really put some things into perspective, which also helped. While I was on my unintentional blogging break, I was productive and read my first ever Jane Austen book (Northanger Abbey), made dinner for Robbie twice (this is a big deal), wrote an email to Terry Gross, and bought a pumpkin for our living room. These small accomplishments are what get me through the week, people.

15 comments:

  1. Do I know Rory? If not, it's nice to meet you Rory!! Any friend of Hannah's is a friend of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rory is dane's cousin! (dane is rory's cousin?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just (re)finished Sense and Sensibility today so it's funny you posted this. But Northanger Abbey is definitely a fave. It's probably the funniest of the bunch so I just want you to be prepared in case you decide to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you write to Terry Gross about?

    Also, does the fact that you finished the Austen novel mean you gave up on Jane Eyre? :'(

    ReplyDelete
  5. And yes, I did just give you a *tear* smiley face for how I felt about you potentially not finishing said book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. making dinner two times in a week is a BIG deal. i'm still working on one time a week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:47 PM

    I also want to know more about your email to Terry Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lets make dinner together.
    also rory lives in LA and i never see him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have time management issues.
    I also want to hear about the Terry Gross letter.
    I love pumpkin decorating in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks grannybabs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. rory is looking excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  12. remember that time we hung out twice in one week. let's do that again sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete