24 October 2011

it's a beautiful life

Thank you everyone for your really kind emails and comments after last week's post about baby Jonah. I am the type of person that wants to bare my soul to everyone (if that wasn't obvious already), and I had, for probably the first time in my life, been hesitant to talk about something so very personal. It was a real relief to be able to share this very special experience with everyone and to hear your encouraging words and your own stories of loss. Really, thank you so much. I know that everyone's sentiments have meant a lot to Harry and Dawn and the rest of our family these past few weeks.

My trip home was busy and family-filled. It's hard to find a time of year in southern California that isn't beautiful, but October is pretty amazing. We spent time at my sister's house by the beach, played in the park across from my brother's house, and just spent lots of really quality time with my family. One highlight was playing with my niece Isla and her Playmobil set. I did not know that I was a Playmobil gal till last week, but please bless that my kids are as into it as I am.

Can I just relish in my beautiful family for a minute? I miss them a lot—especially today.

driving

gals

bonny_dinner

bu

birthday

sisters

isla_dogs

I won't have too long to miss California though—I'm going back Friday! Can't get enough of that golden state.

10 comments:

  1. Miss you, too, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I somehow missed your post last week. I'm sorry to hear about the passing of sweet baby Jonah. I love the celebrations you had each day to cherish him.

    Thank heavens for our knowledge of the gospel and the fact that you as well as your family will see him again. It's the only true peace that death brings.

    Sending internet hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you were able to come be with your family.

    P.S. Am I correct to assume that Eliza found her sunglasses?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me, Katie Marie Creekmur not Pam. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, i was really hoping that your mom reads my blog! oh well.

    and yes, she found them—in her suitcase. the ones she's wearing are my aunt donna's. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We did miss you girls today - but we could feel you with us in spirit. It was a lovely day, really, but it wore me out - high emotions can do that!

    We look forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have taken Aunt Donna's purple bow sunglasses home.

    I love you all too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing the last few posts! I've been thinking a lot about the plan of salvation and how it's blessed my life. It doesn't take away the pain and sorrow but it definitely alleviates much of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely blog post, really great photos too

    littlemissmaisyblogging.blogspot.com

    x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. For the record, it's not just you, your family is beautiful. (i just figured out how to get comments to work so i'm back commenting. watch out!)

    ReplyDelete