(This is not the Met [obvi], but the view from the steps of the Met. Wouldn't it be awesome to live on 5th Avenue?)
One of the other big reasons for this trip was to go to the Met. Well, it wasn't a big reason for Robbie, but I was going to kick myself if I missed "Savage Beauty" before it closes next month. The combination of Alexander McQueen and a museum exhibit is a union of two of my loves in life. It was a really fabulous exhibit, even though we did have to wait in line for almost two hours to see it. It was totally worth the wait. Luckily, we were able to trade spots in line and check out the rest of the museum during the wait. It's ridiculously huge! I need to go back like ten more times just to visit the parts of the museum I didn't see.
Anyway, McQueen probably deserves a whole post for himself (I'd say he deserves to be another one of my dead gay celebrity crushes), but I am sure you are not interested in that. If you are, go check out the online exhibit (which is really awesome and comprehensive if you don't have the chance to see the show in person) and then watch this video that was in the exhibit. Totally entranced by it.
is it creepy to tell you i saw you walk past while i was in line for mcqueen? (yes it is.) i guess it's how these blog things go! and yes, the exhibit was moving and worth the wait.
ReplyDeletemet...i'm sucker for a good pun.
ReplyDeletemarissa—you shoulda said hi! haha. then you could have said "nice to met you" in person. elle, i'm sorry for the terrible pun...
ReplyDeleteI really wanted to see the McQueen exhibit but am going to miss it by about three months.
ReplyDeleterobbie and his sister look like siblings. i like it when that happens.
ReplyDeletethose top two photos are so pretty.
ReplyDeletereally glad you got to see it even though it took some effort. hope you two plan many more trips like this NYC starting august 10.
ReplyDelete