01 July 2011

everybody's looking forward to the weekend, weekend

IMG_6014

IMG_6015

IMG_6018

Just some photos from our "look, the sunset is gorgeous and we better not miss it and we should go out even though we're in our pajamas already on our anniversary" walk on Tuesday. It did not disappoint... except for when the trees by the Capitol were partially blocking the view of the fiery red sunset. What we did see was beautiful though.

I can't believe it's the weekend. I can't believe it's July! I am so excited. Robbie loves the 4th of July and his enthusiasm has rubbed off on me over the past few years. DC is a great place to be on the 4th. We have big plans to hang out with my mom (yay!) and hit up a baseball game. And probably light fireworks. Growing up in southern California (where fireworks are illegal to set off yourself) makes lighting your own fireworks that much more exciting as an adult . We'll probably find an excuse to set them off throughout the week, too.

Happy weekend, America!

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to it too!! And last year, even though it was "after the 4th," I remember she did a fireworks show over in the school parking lot!!

    Maybe we need to start a July tradition in DC!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty sunset! And DC sounds like an awesome place to celebrate the 4th. Hope you guys have a good one! :)

    ReplyDelete