I am a little ignorant when it comes to landmarks in other cities. On Saturday, when we were trying to figure out what we wanted to do (we spent the bulk of Friday shopping), I suggested we go to the New York Public Library to check out the lions. You know, because that's something people like to see.
Well, apparently there's a lot more to see than the lions. First of all, the library sits on Bryant Park (where they used to host NY Fashion Week), which was nice and pretty to sit in for a bit. Second, you can go IN the library. I mean, duh, it's a public library. But it was so calm and gorgeous inside. Plus, there is a really great exhibit there right now celebrating their centennial and exhibiting highlights of their collection. We saw a letter from John Keats to Fanny Brawne (which was cool because we watched Bright Star on our bus trip up [which Robbie actually really liked even after I tricked him at first into thinking it wasn't a chick flick, don't tell him I told you]), a copy of the Declaration of Independence, a copy of Audobon's Birds of America, plus hundreds of other really, really cool things. Needless to say, the library was one of the unexpected highlights of the trip. You should probably go see it and the exhibit if you can.
By the way, please note that Robbie was really nice and carried my bag for me all day. He does not normally carry a gold sequined murse.
Wow. That picture you took of the staircase/lobby area of the library is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI loved Bright Star. How cool that you saw a letter Keats wrote to Fanny!
So bummed I wasn't there! Miss you guys.
ReplyDelete1. folk dancer?! wha? no, it's awesome. i love it!
ReplyDelete2. good trick. bright star is straight up chick flick, but cool chick flick.
3. sweet pics of the library.
4. i want to be only a bus trip away from new york. jeal.
1. I love that skirt! It does not make me think of a folk dancer. At all.
ReplyDelete2. So glad the weather was nice when you guys visited (even though I wasn't there)! I haven't visited the NY public library since Xmas, when my parents came, so I should probably go back.
3. I loved Bright Star! So glad y'all liked it.
Okay - I really need to go to NYC!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I loved Bright Star - so did Dad.
love your shkirt
ReplyDelete