05 April 2011

Che gelida manina

This has been such a whirlwind month. And it's only April 4th. (5th. Oh my gosh. This is my life.)

Anyway, tonight my exhibit officially wrapped up and we celebrated with an opening reception. It's up! Life is good. I'll post pictures and more recap later but I really don't want to think about it right now. We got home at 9:30 tonight and just stumbled in the house because between Robbie starting a new project at work and the events at the library, we're just exhausted. I can't explain why I'm still up though, it might have something to do with the bowl of Robin Eggs sitting in front of me.

To alleviate some of the stress going on this week I've been listening to a lot of opera. I know that there are some in our midst that do not appreciate a diva belting out a sweet opera tune but that's okay. It really helps to listen to opera when I'm trying to chill out during my high stress moments, or (alternately) when I need a good cry. Robbie also likes to sing fake opera to me when I need a good laugh, so it is pretty much a great outlet for all extremes of emotion.

Speaking of needing a good cry after listening to opera, this one gets me every time. It really gets going at about 3:48:

4 comments:

  1. yay! congrats! I can't wait to hear more. also i hope i can hear fake opera at some point this summer. :) High five!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing quite like some "real" Puccini!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, i didn't know you were an opera fan! well, we should all double sometime. mark really likes the opera, too.
    we could even bring robin eggs with us because they are my most very favorite candy in the world. i bought 3 bags at target last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Opera-especially this one! When I was in high school my sister and I use to put on fancy lipstick, drive to an old cemetery with gigantic trees, and blast this music as we drove around. Weird, but fantastic.

    ReplyDelete