09 March 2011

Spring fever

IMG_3651

I didn't have allergy issues before I moved to DC. Last year I learned that I get really terrible seasonal allergies, and if left unchecked, terrible sinus infections later on. At about four this morning I woke up with an itchy throat. What do you do about an itchy throat?? I can deal with the runny nose, the red eyes and the sneezing. But the itchy throat!! It is a punishment that no one deserves.

If you have any itchy throat advice you'd like to share, please tell me.

6 comments:

  1. oh man, i'm in the same boat. those blossoms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take an antihistamine and get some saline spray for your nose. It'll leak down to your throat and help with the itching. It's kind of depressing that I know this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get "itchy throat" too, plus my ears get clogged. UGH!! feelin' your pain. No advice unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Totally agree with Michemily. That's what I would have recommended. It's funny, I'm visiting IL and have no allergies, yet when I'm out west it's AWFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nasonex. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have relied on Chlor-trimeton for years - and antihistamine product that contains it.

    ReplyDelete