26 January 2011

Once upon a time, it used to be bike weather


The other day, Naomi sent me some funny pictures that she had taken (and that I had forgotten about) from a few months ago, when we rode our bikes to Hains Point for Mark's birthday party. By the end of the night we didn't feel like making the long trek back home so we piled in Naomi and Josh's SportWagen (vah-gehn) with both of our clunky bikes. And wouldn't you know, you can fit four people and two bikes in a vah-gehn and still manage to not get pulled over. (But I wouldn't recommend it.)

Side note: I really wish that it was warm enough to ride my bike to Hains Point right now.

5 comments:

  1. I DREAM of bike weather. They say pregnant women should ride bikes, but I don't even care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard you guys are going to get 8 inches of snow tonight. Maybe you should invest in snow shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow shoes for sure! They are fun.

    And we need them around here. So much freaking snow outside my house right now. Too bad we neglected to clean out the rain gutters before this happened. Hope the snow stays outside where it belongs.

    I think tomorrow is going to be a sledding day. Bummer that while my kids are completely outfitted to roll around in the snow, I have no good snow clothes or boots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe I shouldn't tell you that the forecast for tomorrow here in the Gem City of the Foothills is 79 degrees.

    Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. get snow tires. our friends in sweden bike to work - even in the winter.

    http://lorenaandrob.blogspot.com/2010/12/its-been-cold-and-snowy.html

    ReplyDelete