Some final pictures from the break.
The girls spent the majority of the break playing "The Michael Jackson Experience" on the Wii. If you haven't played yet, well... you're missing out. You can YouTube clips of most of the songs, but I'd recommend starting with "Remember the Time." I can't not laugh whenever I hear it now. Please note the giant pinata hanging behind us. We keep it classy.
My sister Bonny and her girls.
I can't decide what to call the next series of photos: "Cracked Out," "Dad Really Fell Asleep Behind The Christmas Tree," or "Is It Midnight Yet?":
(please don't kill me for posting those pictures... they were so funny at the time!)
The lovely Terrill sistren and our personalized rolling pins.
Post-party remnants.
We had early breakfast (10 am is early, right?) at Clocker's Corner at the race track, a fun tradition.
Robbie making buddies with a snooty race track dog. Homeboy was wearing a tiny jacket and scurried over to us and jumped in that carriage like he owned the place. The nerve.
Agnes and her morning fix. This picture makes me laugh out loud.
Sunglasses hiding the bags under my eyes.
Robbie and his shadow, Calvin.
Robbie and I went to visit my grandma the night before she went in for surgery. That woman never ceases to amuse me. We are lucky to have two very awesome grandmas in our family.
Robbie and I went to Christy's for round two of donuts. Christy's holds a special place in my heart because it's right next to our church building and we'd get donuts from there every Friday morning for seminary. And they're really as good as I remember them!! Fun fact: my friend Kim informed me that there are more donut shops per capita in LA than anywhere else (and most of them are family-owned). Take that, Dunkin' and Krispy Kreme.
Robbie and I walked through Monrovia when we were carless. It was kind of overcast out but I kind of loved seeing the foothills in their cloudy glory.
And of course, a trip to Monrovia meant a trip to Melanie, my BFF who got off her mission in MARCH but I still hadn't seen her until this break. We also go to hang out with our friend (and Robbie's old coworker) Jon, who just finished classes at Le Cordon Bleu. He makes beautiful desserts!
I really love California and being with my family, but it was also great to come home after such a nice long trip. I just wish we could all live in the same place!











The picture of your dad is so awesome.
ReplyDeleteOkay, the picture of Agnes is priceless!! And the rest are pretty awesome too - really captured the flavor of the event I would say!!
ReplyDeletei love this photo of me. just sayin.
ReplyDeletewhat i really like is that we were takin photos of each others.
like bffs do. always. reuniting was good to us. lets make it happen again.
ok. you know what i love the MOST.
ReplyDeleteAGNES. seriously!
This whole post made me happy. I might need to enlarge the Terrill Sistren as Thugs picture and hang it on my wall.
ReplyDeleteI love those sparkle hats. fur reelz.
ReplyDeletewhat, no videos of the kids' MJJ moves?
ReplyDeleteThat was the most delirious New Year's Eve I have ever spent. It feels like remembering a dream. Did I dance on any tables?
amanda, those hats were a labor of love. my nieces and i had spray mount and glitter stuck to our hands for days.
ReplyDeletecool hats. that picture of the rolling pins scares the crap out of me.
ReplyDeleteThere are some classic pictures there.
ReplyDeleteAlso, looked at your friend Jon's blog-awesome!
oh my goodness! when i got your comment about kwajalein i couldn't believe it. i told jeff and he was like "robbie hamill??!!" haha. how crazy. also, we were out there may - august in 2008. i don't know if it's possible to go to kwaj without recognizing someone you know since it's so tiny, but that would be funny if we were there at the same time!
ReplyDeleteThese are great pictures! The one of your dad is hilarious!
ReplyDelete