10 January 2011

Bunting on the Thames



Anyone know that reference? Anyone, anyone? I'm sure Eliza does, and Julie can't guess either.

Anyway, this is a sneak preview of the results of my winter doldrums craft binge. They are crappy Photobooth pictures that I sent to Julie late at night, so I'm sorry that my hand is so white. The theme was bunting. (Clearly.) I will post the results and context later. I also have more fun New Years pictures to post but I don't have them with me. I'll do that later too.

This was a pretty quiet weekend. Lots of napping and watching Netflixed TV shows and getting a dent in "Band of Brothers." The goal for 2011 is to watch more TV than we have in our whole lives. I think we're off to a good start.

15 comments:

  1. Is it Mary Poppins? Is it a reference to a reference to Mary Poppins? Am I going deep enough here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is not my goal. no thank you. in any case, i am pretty sure we passed our 2010 total over the weekend. dag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job, sir joseph.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Worthy goal. Good luck. May I suggest another project: paint by numbers. We're going to have a paint by number weekend this weekend, and I'm pretty excited about it. And then I'm going to steal my friends idea and decorate my office in paint by numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks. I was unsure, because I think Mr. Van Dyke (in the greatest English accent of all time) was saying "putting" not "bunting".

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi friend, time for another craft night! i have an idea for embroidery, and i think it's a winner. my etsy shop will be: "she's flossin"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did know you were referring to punting on the Thames (a punt being a type of boat I believe) but didn't think of the Mary Poppins connection.

    'Ello 'ello 'ello. Joey is right, I love DVD's accent. I just watched it a few weeks ago with Theo. Except I fell asleep halfway through. Theo totally was not into it...when I woke up he was reading books on the floor. I just can't get him into '60s Disney movies (or any Disney movies. Or any movies). Tried The Sword in the Stone yesterday, unsuccessfully. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A worthy goal. One I can get behind.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:10 PM

    Love the Mary Poppins reference and the blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that you have a "more" resolution as opposed to a "less." i hope to have more "mores" this year myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I keep thinking I will make a "bunting" - but I just call it a flag banner. Yours looks great. You are indeed a "crafty" woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at you bein all crafty...
    lovely, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah, I just now realized what "bunting" is. Awesome. I am walking away now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Also, the baby shower looked absolutely darling--good work. You've inspired me to finally make a happy birthday bunting sign.

    ReplyDelete