27 October 2010

And the rain rain rain came down down down

It's so rainy today! I love waking up in the morning and hearing the rain outside. But then I had to snap out of my coziness and trudge through it to work. Blah. Now the pretty leaves that were on the trees are now stuck to the ground and have been trampled into mushy piles. But they are pretty-colored piles, at least.

Anyway, on Sunday evening after we got back from Petersburg, Robbie and I took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and took a walk to admire the turning leaves, since they never last as long as I wish they would. It was beginning to get dark as we started so we didn't get too far (and I didn't get too many good pictures), but there are some pretty gorgeous trees up in our neighborhood. Why don't I remember taking any walks last fall? Were the leaves as vibrant? Anyone? I just don't remember.


Our house! (We're on the first floor.)



Red! 



Street!



Pumpkins!



Our favorite door!



Rowhouses!



Dark!

Robbie's parents are coming to visit in a couple of weeks, and then my parents will be out soon after, so I think they're going to just miss the peak leaf colors. I always hope that November will be as colorful as October, but my hoping is always in vain. Sorry, parents.

9 comments:

  1. Oh man...this looks so picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! i can't wait to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mom is coming two weeks, and every day I think "stop changing! wait for my mom!" she's gonna be bummed she missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house (and neighborhood) is totally darling. Good work, DC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss the leaves every time - but I got in on them the year Ida was born - and the memory is very vivid!! And we come to see you guys - and you are just fine - you make the trip worthwhile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE your street.
    like in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am also in love with your street. It is so charming and I am officially jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love your house! so cute. Livin the dream, you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where you live is so pretty! i want to frame it and hang it on my wall and then come and visit. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete