27 September 2010

A weekend of firsts

-First time I hit a squirrel while riding my bike. I KNOW. It was terrifying. I didn't really see the aftermath because all I saw was a flash of brown and feel something bounce off my front wheel. I still have nightmares about it.

-First time eating a half smoke AND chili cheese fries from Ben's Chili Bowl and not getting sick. In fact, I felt pretty good at the end.

-First time spending all day at museums. Seriously. 10-5. I guess I've done that in a work situation but I'd rather not be a visitor for that long.


-First time at the Crime and Punishment Museum, aka Creepy Disneyland, aka I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT IT. What I saw cannot be unseen. Photos of axe-murder victims and John Wayne Gacy's clown art? No thanks.

-First time rearranging our bedroom (in this house, at least). The feng shui is so much better now.


All in all, quite a success. Except for the creepy museum and the squirrel incident. How was your weekend?

    6 comments:

    1. Hitting a squirrel on a bike sounds truly horrible! Yikes! In the crime vein, don't you hate it when you hear about really disturbing things is places where you weren't expecting it--like Frank Lloyd Wright's house (a disgruntled servant murdered several of his family members)? I probably wouldn't last long at a crime museum.

      My weekend was great. Thanks for asking. We went to the symphony where I saw two different men wearing kilts. We also drove the alpine loop on Sunday.

      Keep living large.

      ReplyDelete
    2. ah! i can't believe i missed museum day again. i also can't believe you went to the crime and punishment museum. was the death wagon there?

      ReplyDelete
    3. It was hot and I had the broadcast dinner to decorate for. But I laid around reading the rest of the time, so it wasn't bad.

      Crime museums do seem creepy. Have you read The Devil in the White City? Talk about creepy!

      ReplyDelete
    4. You hit a squirrel? I've never heard of that happening, and there are a lot of bikers in Germany. Maybe it's because the squirrels are a bright red color. Hmmm. Did you kill it?

      ReplyDelete
    5. wow i don't think i've ever known someone who hit a squirrel on a bike. cracy. i hit a turtle when i was 16 and it scared me from driving for awhile. i hope the squirrel doesn't scare you from riding!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Mine was a mostly good weekend.

      I have never heard of anyone hitting a squirrel while riding a bike. I think it would haunt me too.
      There are lots of squirrel deaths around here and our squirrels just can't stop crossing the roads. And some just don't have good timing.

      ReplyDelete