18 August 2010

I wasn't prepared


It is COLD outside! And RAINING! I have been waiting for this day for so long (I love you summer, but you've been bringing me down this year), and I got nervous this morning and threw on the first thing I saw in my closet. And I wasn't prepared. I'm wearing tennis shoes (I've got a really broad definition for "business casual"), a t-shirt, and a pair of pants that got soaking wet after being outside for ten minutes.

I should have worn boots! I should have worn a jacket! I should have cute fall accessories! But I don't know where any of my fall clothes are! And I'M COLD!

I know that right now, Robbie is cursing the day we decided to move to a place that actually has seasons, but I am ready for you, Fall. Just give me some time to go through my closet.

9 comments:

  1. Fall in August? So this is why all the catalogs and department stores are showing wool and plaid!!

    It will probably get warm again though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ best visiting teacher ever!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:43 AM

    Yeah, I woke up and thought, "yep, my rainboots are still under my desk...at work."

    ReplyDelete
  5. three cheers for cool weather! When I put pants on this morning, it was like saying hello to a long lost cousin. I feel giddy at the thought of tossing on a sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flip flops have been my idea of business casual for the past 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know it's going to get hot again, right? and cold again, and hot again...it won't make up its mind until at least October.

    But I was also surprised. I knew it was raining but didn't know it was only 68 degrees until I went outside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i know this much is true: "continuity" is not part of dc's weather vocabulary in any season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. fall is my favorite. we'll have to do something fun!! you have some cute boots i've seen before!!

    ReplyDelete