Robbie called me last night from the airport and gave me a quick update of the 24 hours or so he got to spend with his sisters and his parents. (They were in California for his grandma's funeral.) The first thing he said was that it was so good that he got to be with them, even for such a short time. He was really looking forward to spending time with his sisters and parents--one of the downsides of being far from family is that this doesn't happen a lot. The last time I got to spend time with just my siblings (sans in-laws) was three years ago for my brother Noah's birthday. And that weekend that I spent with them was one of my favorites. I love my in-laws and the babies in our families, but there's just something really great about just spending time with your siblings. You know?
Anyway, I was just thinking about that. I'm so glad that Robbie got some sisterly love this week. (But I'm also glad he's back. Haha.)
I miss my family! And I love the family that I married into. I'm a lucky gal.
(BTW--I've always wondered if I was trying to get out of that first family picture because I was being silly, or if I was mad and crying. MYSTERY!!)


There is something special about being just with your siblings - I felt that way at my mom's b-day party. I think it harks back to another time and place - and who doesn't dream of time travel??
ReplyDeleteAnd you were 2 in that photo - what 2-year old wants to stay put??
I knows what you means. I feel bad for our spouses when we get together. The language and inside jokes are so deep, it can be difficult at times. So I am all for sibling retreats.
ReplyDeleteI can tell by the look on my face that you were being wiggly, but not in Connecticut.
ReplyDelete